Chapter 16 - Wound Stitches

(A/N quotes from Hailey's book will usually be in itallics at the end of the chapter )

Ross' P.O.V.

"Time out," the referee yelled, making us take our skates off and head to the canteen to grab water.

"That was a good game, "  I heard Taylor say behind me. "We should totally do that again, " Riker joined before chugging down a bottle full of water, "second round? "

I was about to agree when I felt my phone vibrate. I checked the caller Id : ⛄⛄Soft Hail

"Sorry guys I've gotta pick that call, I can't job the second round."

"Dude, it's from Hailes. That guy doesn't leave hockey for nothing, " I heard Rocky shout.

"Whatever." I yelled back before quickly answering the call.

"Hey, should I pick you up?"

"Yes please. I'm afraid I can't walk," I heard her say through a wince. And a soft sob.

"Hailey are you okay? What happened?"  I said already getting in the car. "Just please hurry, I'm in the middle of the park." She sniffed her voice cracking.

What did that asshole do to her?

"I'm on my way. "

I drove faster than I've ever did, earning a lot of honks from each car I passed. Ever since my sickness incident, my feelings for her grew wildly. Which makes it hard for me to hear her sob, or even sniff.

I never should've let her 'hangout' with Max . But from what I know, Hailey is confidendaly wild. She can make every boy drool over her, when she's not giving any attention back to them. But try messing with her, and she'll show you the stars in the bright morning, and the sun at night. He probably saw the sun. She doesn't seek attention, yet she gets it fully. Not everyone gets it back from her .

Which is what I love most about her. I must be a lucky guy, when I'm a somebody to her. I loved that I own her trust, and that I'm the first person she turns to. I feel special, she made me feel extra special.

I quickly parked the car and stormed out of it. "Hailey, " i called not knowing weather or not she's gonna hear me. I called again, this time earning a sound, it seemed like a shaking tree. Maybe that's her.

I ran between the branches to where the sound came from, until I found a familiar brunette. My breath hatched when I saw her state. She was sitting, her head rested on the trunk, and a red flannel shirt wrapped around her thighs.

I got closer to her and leant down, "Ross, I'm really sorry I didn't listen to you. I never thought this would happen. If only I knew -" I cut her sobbs off wiping away her tear stained cheek, while trying to calm her down as I whispered soft words in her ears. "Did he harm you?"

"He almost did," she said before I hugged her, feeling her relax under me. I picked her up bridal style and walked off to the car.

I opened the passenger door, and sat her in, careful not to harm her thigh. She shifted a bit placing her hands on her lap. "If you want, I could move you in the back seat, " i suggested but she shook her head . "Thank you, I'm good."

I closed her door and ran back to my seat. I saw her fiddle with her thumbs in her deep thoughts, as words slipt out of her mind with a mutter . She does that a lot, which I'm used to. I quickly drove to our street, wanting to get to Ms Juliet, her mother.

She was a doctor, and I'm pretty sure she knows what to do in a such situation. We parked the car as soon as we got there. Hailey was about to open the door, when I grabbed her hand to stop her. "What am I here for?" I said hoping to earn a chuckle, but she barely smiled. I frowned at her state, rubbing my thumb over her hands.