Chapter 23 - Adorable Fool

SORRY FOR THE ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF TIME LAPSES AND CONSTANT CHANGE IN P.O.V.

Hailey's P.O.V

*the next day*

My alarm went off waking me from one of the best sleeps I've had since like forever. I groaned shutting it, realizing today is the last day of the week. Finally.

A lot of occasions happened in this week, it's crazy. It's been lovely, roughy and severely slow.

From my grandparent and my aunt's visit, to mine and my bestfriend's kiss.

Glancing at the window beside me, I saw Ross changing. Watching a good view of a hot guy changing is definitely a great way to wake up. And that hot guy is my best friend.

Still not used to him shirtless.
(Let's be honest, who is? )

I brushed the thoughts away, and started to get ready for school, deciding on something casual. I got dressed after brushing my teeth and hair applying the lip balm, and topped it off with my lens.

" Hailes, breakfast is ready, " I heard mom say through the door. " Be there in a sec," I replied wearing my key necklace and the silver bracelet.

Running down the stairs, the smell of french toast hit me, making my mouth water. Can't blame a girl for being hungry as soon as she wakes up.
Although yesterday Ross and I ate a lot of popcorn.

After I had breakfast, Jason, Rose and I got on our way to the door and hit our way to school. Our walk to school was not so hyper, but not awkward either. I mostly made conversations with Rose and Jason, but Ross was a little too quiet. He was staring into air, furrowing his eyebrows every minute or so. His eyes looked so innocent, messy frustrated hair and his lips were a little plump.

I can't deny mine were too.

Ross' P.O.V.

On our walking way to school the only word I said was hey. And It seems that I can't say more, everything I wanna say, is up here locked in my brain.

Someone was taking over my brain, and it was because of yesterday's kiss. It's like everytime I see her alone I can't resist needing her body on me. My body aches for her touch. Now, that this sounded creepy, and so cliché, but it's the truth.

But if I tried asking her out, and then get rejected for some reason. That would cause our friendship to collapse, and that's the last thing I would wanna do.

And hearing the same passionate words from her every single time we kiss, makes it even more heated. Which means faith. Right?

Which is why today I'll stop hiding behind the bush, and ask her out. What do I have to loose?

I'm also gonna do that so that Charlotte would shut up . I regret telling her we kissed.

I glanced at Hailey beside me, hesitation taking over me. I was deciding weather i should do what I'm about to do next, or not. If I was asking her out today, I have to hint it.

My hands slowly brushed against hers making her turn to me. She looked down smiling. " H-hey, " I stuttered.

" Hi. "

I held her hands slowly, covering them in between us. She smiled again and parted them a bit to intertwine them together slowly.

" something seems on your mind. Are you okay? " she asked As i closed the distance between us. "Yeah, I'm great."
Time lapse

"Ross!" Charlotte said walking up to my locker. " Have you asked her out yet?"

I shook my head closing it. The lunch break started and I was about to take my chance . " I was about to. "