Chapter 6 - It Isn't Gonna Take Long

Ross' P.O.V.
A week later

"UGHHHHH," I groaned loudly turning off the alarm. I got up, tIook a quick shower then started to get ready for school. I opened the closet and grabbed my ripped jeans ,and a neon yellow shirt. Grabbing my phone, I went downstairs to be greeted with mom, dad, and Ryland. "Good morning, honey," mom said from the kitchen while she was preparing breakfast. I came up to her as she kissed my forehead.I smiled then grabbed a plate and filled it up with Bacon and two pancakes, then plopped on the couch next to dad and Ryland.
" 'Morning dad, sup Ry. "
"Heyyyyy, now come on, we're gonna be late, "he grabbed my hand as I stuffed breakfast in the backpack for later. I checked my phone before we headed off as I saw a new message, Hailey,
'Hey Ross, I walked to school super early today, don't worry, I already know the way. See you at school ☺'
I sighed catching up with Ryland. "Hey, WAIT UP,"I yelled as he slowed a bit and waited for me.

Hailey's P.O.V.

Earlier today,
My dream got disturbed by a loud BEEP, coming from my phone..I woke up frightened by the sudden notice, I sighed then walked up to the bathroom, took a shower then started to get ready. I pulled my black, off shoulder crop top and my dark-red, high waisted shorts. Then put on my dark red combat boots. (Outfit on top) I started brushing my hair letting it dry naturally, then started to apply my make up, my blue lens on the left eye, lip balm and a little bit of mascara, the usual, everyday. I grabbed my phone to find it was only 6, so probably no one was awake yet. I decided to go explore around a bit before going to school, so I grabbed my skateboard, left a note for Jason, mom and dad, and headed outside. Then grabbed my phone and texted Ross that I'll meet him at school.

I skated through streets and let me tell you, California is the opposite of Egypt. Like, they are WAYYY different. Now that I've thought about it, I'm glad I was able to make a new friend. I just really miss my old ones, but to be honest, even though I just met him, I think Ross is a better friend. At least he doesn't ignore my texts or calls. And he stayed with me the first day of school, even though everyone was trash talking me.
I got disturbed from my deep thoughts when I heard a shuffle behind the bushes. Stopping, I grabbed my skateboard and crept towards the bushes. I then saw what seemed like a hidden, secret place. There were stones on the side of the bushes, so I grabbed them so that I wouldn't loose tracks and get lost. Throwing one by one I walked through the small bushes, until I saw a breathtaking view. It was simply a beautiful forest. Trees with orange and yellow leaves, the ground full of them, and what seemed like a bench, and it had a secured book that seemed like a diary. I walked deeper into the place throwing more stones to the ground, I saw a waterfall and on top if it we're colorful, chirping birds. The view was amazing and I was in awe. My phone suddenly went off, it was a call from Ross.
"Hello?" I said into the phone.
"Hey, where are you? You texted me your coming early, and I came and didn't find you," he said through the phone sighing.
"Ill tell you later and I'm on my way."
"Okay, see you. "
"Bye," I said into the phone then hung up.
I grabbed my skateboard and followed the trail of stones till I saw the familiar road then skated to school.

Ross' P.O.V.
The first period was about to start and Hailey wasn't here yet. To be honest, I was worried sick, she's new in town and she probably doesn't know the directions yet. Ryland came up to me disturbing my deep thoughts. "You like her," he said with a slight smile. "What? Dude, I just met her , like seriously guys, she's just a friend."
"What ever you say," he stepped aside. I then saw a figure running up with a skateboard hanging by her hand, Hailey, finally. "Hi Ross, hey Ryland," she said taking heavy breaths while kneeling down a bit. "hey, where were you, class is about to start, " I said coming up to her. "Ill tell you later, Can't. Talk." She said between deep breaths rising up.
"I'm heading to class," said Ryland coming closer to my side." I still think you like her," he whispered in my ears as I rolled my eyes. "Come on, let's go, " we went off, I got to our class and the second we bursted into the door, the bell rang. Pheww. we sat in our seats, took out our books, and then I realized I packed the notebook that I was using to chat with Hailey through the window . I smiled up to myself reading the chats. "Uhhh, Mr. Lynch? Attention please,"
Mr. Jacob, our English teacher said as I packed the notebook back embarrassed. "Sorry, sir, " I glanced up at Hailey to see that she was staring into the ceiling, in her deep thoughts.

Hailey's P.O.V.
That place. I couldn't take it out of my head, and the book. If only i could explore the place a bit more, but ofcourse, school had to ruin it, ughhhh. I wonder if Ross knows about this place. Oh, I definitely should show it to him sooner or later, I would skip a class or two, I don't care. I just need to do it. I leaft my deep thoughts realizing I probably missed 15 minutes of the class, staring into the ceiling.

Later that day
I went through the cafeteria tables until I finally found Ross and he smiled up at me as I sat my tray and plopped onto the seat. "So, today on my way to school," I started, "I saw the weirdest yet most beautiful thing..... ever," I said ignoring all the food set in front of me, as I watched Ross dig in his tray full of fries, he was lost in it. "Ross," he basically was deaf. "Rooooss,"
I've had enough, I pulled the tray out of his grasp as he sat up at the sudden action. "Heeeyyyy," he whined. "Listen to me, this is important, " I said in the most serious face I could pull. "Sorry," he said clearly embarrassed.
"As I was saying," I said loosening my grasp on his tray, "On my way to school today, I saw the weirdest yet most beautiful thing ever," I said as he pulled out a confused face "and I have to show it to you, NOW," I said looking at him. "Now? You mean like skip classes?" Why was he so confused?
"Duuh!" I told him " it isn't gonna take long, please? the place haunted my head since the beginning of the day," I said almost begging him. "Fine," he finally gave in standing up. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said standing up and already heading off to the gate.
"Wait up!"

A/N
Hiiiiiii I'm excited for this book a lot and I have a lot if ideas for it. If you guys also have any, feel free to comment and I might use them if I like them. Please vote + comment Okay byeeee and I love you