Chapter 11

This took forever. I'm sorry. Hey, so it looked fun to throw in some different POV's, and Xavier will be in this one! You're welcome ;)

****************************

Elaina's POV

I'm jolted awake by an energetic Cat jumping up and down on her bed and shouting, "Elly wake up!"

I rub my eyes and groan, not ready to wake up. "What happened?" I sleepily mumble. She rolls her eyes and grins.

"Your lazy butt is what happened, get up! We've gotta go shopping, like now if you want to be home by dinner, it's already ten, sleepyhead!"

I sit up stretching, glancing at Cat for two reasons: one, I usually never sleep this late, and two, how long are we gonna be shopping exactly?

"Cat? You know we don't need to shop that long, right? I just need a few outfits, and I'll be fine." I earn a what-are-you-smoking look.

"No. Just- just no. What do you mean a few outfits? You need an entire wardrobe, and I'm gonna help you buy it and you're gonna love it." I raise my hands in surrender and roll out of bed, only to have something soft hit me in the face and fall down into my arms. "Here, you can wear this for today, now get ready, we've got a busy day ahead of us."

Oh Moon Goddess, what did I get myself into?

*********Meanwhile*********

Xavier's POV

I growl as one of my trackers message me, they still haven't found her. My mate. My beautiful Elaina. I refuse to believe she ran away, I mean, she couldn't have, she's my mate, she's supposed to always be by my side!

I bring my fist down on my desk, breaking it in half as these infuriating thoughts run through my head. Thoughts of doubt. Her stuff was missing, but kidnappers could've taken her stuff, right? But there was no report of a break in, no sign of forced entry. Everyone in my pack is training harder, and I'm assigning more guards to the territory, I mean, my mate could've just waltzed out of the house, and that drives me insane.

And to make it worse, she's blocking me out of her head, I can't mind link her, and I always feel empty and furious at everything. It's like my chest is empty, like Elaina literally ripped my heart out and took it with her. I can't go a minute without thinking of her, and it's driving me crazy. When I get her back, I'm never letting her go again.

****************

Elaina's POV

I finish tugging the beige, belted dress that goes down to my knees and examine it in the mirror. The sleeves go down to my elbows, the belt is brown leather with a big buckle and the whole dress has a pretty lacy layer over it. I pull on brown leather boots and brush out my hair as Cat comes over with a makeup bag and an evil look on her face.

"No," I groan. Cat raises her eyebrow at me.

"Yup, now get over here and hold still," she says, holding up a mascara brush.

***************

Xavier's POV

A deafening growl leaves my lips as I yank at my hair in frustration. My head guard gulps as I stand up from my office chair and glare at him.

"I don't care if he was wounded. Kill the rogues and keep looking for her.  If they don't have her, we'll form a group and search through the neighboring packs. You may not understand this, but I need her with me. I'll cross the whole country on foot if needed. Now leave," I order with my alpha tone.