Chap-28

Fallon and I walked outside to get some fresh air. "You know i could go in and get you something to wear?" Fallon asked for the 5th time. I shook my head at him. I didn't want him to leave me out here even if it was for a couple seconds. I shook my head and took Fallon’s hand in mine and I just looked up at him and was happy that he was one my side. I felt a cool wind hit us and I shivered without thinking. Fallon looked at me with the same question again.

"No. I'm fine, really. I am." I said. We started to walk around the house to the part of the house were we first actually talked. It was the secret garden. Fallon pulled me into the trees and I found myself wrapped in the pink blossoms and dancing to the quite night.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. Something was on his mind and I couldn’t tell what it was. He wasn’t used to being so direct and worried.

"Not really" I lied as soon as my stomach started to growl.

"I'll be back in a second" He said as soon as he disappeared. The wind got caught in my throat as soon as I was going to say his name. He didn’t take long with my black jeans my purple sweater and a pair of black flats all from my room. I almost rolled my eyes at him, but I was trying to get everything on so I could feel a little bit warmer.

"Fallon! I told you not to go in there" I hissed as I finished putting my jacket on. It was over my night gown that was tucked in my pants not to comfortable.

"I wanted to take you out for breakfast and I didn't want to take you in that" Fallon said giving me his heart breaking smile. I beamed and nodded as he took me away, forgetting the small fight. He threw me on his back and he started to run. I wasn’t surprised when he did this, because by now I was used to it.We ended up at a small bakery near the candy shop. "It’s almost six in the morning and I kind of want to get back home soon" I told Fallon as I nibbled on a muffin.

"I'll call Liz and she will cover for you" Fallon said. I smiled at him feeling fine now. I looked at Fallon's face as he watched me eat. His Hazel eyes were popping out now and I noticed them. His hair was long covering his face. It looked like he got a haircut, trimmed it a bit. He was so perfect that it was hard to look away. I was afraid I would miss my mouth and stick my muffin up my nose.

"What are you looking at?" He asked. I could feel his intense awkwardness. I smiled at him and then finally told him what was on my mind.

“I’m trying to figure out what’s on your mind. You okay?” I asked. He rubbed his eyes with his palm.

“Is it that obvious?” He asked. I nodded at him and then grabbed his hand to comfort him. “You’re so fragile. So delicate and you have a mass murder on your hands..I just wanted to know how you would feel about becoming a vampire?” My mouth hung open and shock crossed my face. Fallon saw my reaction and withdrew his hand and put them in his face. “I’m sorry I asked, I just couldn’t bear to imagine anything happening to you, because I didn’t ask.”

“No, I get it. I do, but I would have thought you wouldn’t want this life for me? I see you guys struggle all the time, and some vampires are just clueless to things.” I said every word slowly, and unsure of what I was saying, but Fallon stood up and kneeled by my chair and took my hand once again.

“Why don’t just you and me run away and when you become seventeen or eighteen you can just take to the life I have in love and in harmony” Fallon was gripping my hand tighter as he said these words.

“Fallon, I think I need a moment to process all of this” I said. My heart was racing and my head was spinning. I got up quickly and moved to the bathroom and shut the door and locked it. I stared myself in the mirror.  Twenty minutes later I walked out of the bathroom and sat back down across from Fallon.