Chap-8

Chapter 8

"Well it's about time" I heard a cheerful voice of a man I didn't recognize. I looked around and saw Katerina frozen on the couch and an Arthur stone rock next to her. A small crowd of the family from last night was in the back of the room peeking in from they're rooms. I looked over to the front of the room and saw three people there and I saw the older man in front that must have been the one who was talking.

"Hi, I'm Hazel" I said kindly as I slowly walked towards them. Liz placed her hand in mine and a small electric shock went through my whole body like a chill.

The other two people next to the man were avoiding eye contact. The older man was tall thin cheeked and his hair was a buzz cut. The women next to him was tall slender and her straight blond hair was brought to one side of her body, She seemed evil as her dark eyes bored into my skin. There was also another man in the back of the room. He was also tall and seemed much younger than everyone else. His hair was longish and he didn't look my way at all.

"Welcome Hazel to England, I'm Count Poe and this is my wife, Isabella. The rude one in the back would be my son, Fallon. He is a bit shy, he doesn't want to be here"

"Nice to meet you" I said in an awkward tone. I was biting my lip as I looked around the parlor and remembered we were all in here last night. Still had a hazy memory of last night. I blinked and looked back at the stairs. I think I remember last night I walking up the stairs up after I talked with Lucas....

"Do you mind if we come to the party tonight?" The woman asked me. Her blue eyes met mine and she had a devilish grin. Almost too polite.

"Well..Er..I don't know. I wouldn't mind you to come but you would have to ask my parents about it" I said gesturing towards them behind me.

"No we don't mind. More the merrier, right?" Katerina jumped up smiling. She seemed disturbed and uncomfortable and I felt I made the wrong choice of words.

"Great. We will see you tonight Hazel. Bye Katherine, Arthur" The man said. I nodded as they headed out the door. The boy that was in the back of the room glanced up from his dark hair to look up at me for one second and then he hesitated on his way out the room.

"Jade?" he said. That name...It rang in my ears. Jade, Jade, Jade, She died, but someone loved her. Lucas loved her. He wanted me though..to be her? My head started to spin. I was frozen and confused.

"No. It's Hazel" I said. He looked at me more. His dark blue eyes bored into my eyes and my heart raced with fear.

"Son, Let go" His father called to him and it was like he broke from his trance. He stood up and then quickly walked out with his family. I quickly hurried up the stairs with Liz trotting up behind me still holding my hand. "I think I need to lay down"

"Who is Jade!?" I shrieked as I closed my bed room door behind me. I dropped Liz's hand. Liz didn't say anything but looked at me with big round black eyes. Her hands started to wonder around her body touching her hair and pulling on her little blue dress. "Who?" she said dumbly.

"Please. Liz please tell me. I know you know and it sucks being out of the circle." I said. Liz bit her lip then sighed and she pulled me by my wrist to the bed.

"Now you have to promise not to freak" Liz looked as me while holding me. I nodded still unsure if I could keep my cool.

"Okay, well to give you the short version. Katerina and Arthur Trinian hada Daughter. Jade was her name, and she was beautiful, smart, and manipulated. She fooled everyone into adoring her. Even me. I wanted to be like her when I grew up. Jade knew she was beautiful, and she used her looks to manipulated men to fall in love with her. She made promise, after promise. Eventually she made a powerful man fall in love with her. We didn't even know the affair was happening. There was a family reunion because it was Jade's day of birth and she wanted people to celebrate it with her. She also was going to announce who she chose to marry. Something went wrong, and that same powerful man got hurt. We don't really know what happened, but once we woke up. All of us in the house had been changed and Jade never woke up. We buried her, and tried to learn on our own just exactly what we are. And then we figured out. After connecting the dots we realized that we are Vampires." Liz said. I ignored the last comment still a little confused on that and asked a question.

"How long ago was this?"

"About two hundred years ago, give or take. Hey, a number is just a number right?"

"Vampires?" I asked in disbelief raising my eye brows.

"Yup" She popped the p and waited for my big reaction.

"Interesting" I said. On the outside I was calm and collected, but I was running around like a mad dog in my head.

"Oh, right. Well here's another thing I'm going to drop on you. Jade. Well we didn't know till last night, but Jade had a child at sixteen. Katerina took her out of town because it was disgraceful to have children without being married. She left the child with a family who promised to not tell her secret. Well after a certain amount of years, there's something called a doppelganger. You're Jades. You look exactly like her."

I sat in a daze. Not knowing what to think. How to freak out.

"Do you believe me?" Liz asked. I thought about that for a second.

"What choice do I have, but to believe you?" I said quietly. "Are you going to kill me?"

"What? Of course not. Why would I?" Liz smiled in disbelief.

"You're a Vampire."

"Don't worry about my diet so much" She patted me on the back. " We're fast though. We have good senses so we can track a scent well." Liz shrugged.. She then used her speed to run from my bathroom door and then back to me. I couldn't even blink it was too fast. My eyes widened in wonder.

"And I can smell a cinnamon perfume in your dress drawer" She took off to my dresser opened the first drawer and showed me the perfume.

"Woah" I commented, I felt my head spin. I wanted to puke actually.

"I should go" Liz said. "I'm going to give you some time" I wanted to stop her from leaving but I couldn't even think I was in too much shock to do anything. After a second I saw that she wasn't in the room anymore and I was then alone in this room to think...

p���3͏q