Chap-14

"Father" I heard Katerina say again. I looked back at the old man; his face was hard and almost angry.

"Kat, you know I didn't come down for your games. I still haven't forgiven you for what you did as a parent." He said. I looked up at Katerina confused. Katerina rested her arm around my shoulders.

"Yes father I know. I wish you would forgive me" Katerina bowed her head.

"Forgive you? However can I do that when you adopted her" He thrust his hands at me. I flinched back.

"I'm sorry father I just...I saw her and I....I'm sorry" Katerina could barely talk. I never saw any of them like this before.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. Katerina, you put the whole family in danger by standing by while jade flirted with all the boys in town" He said. He walked past us and into the house still talking to Katerina.

"Again I am sorry father" she said. He walked out of the room and Katerina followed by him, leaving me alone in front of the big open door. I looked out of it and saw a dark figure by the trees just leaning on a tree and watching the house in a suite. Was he family? I didn't think about it too much for it to give me a head ach so I closed the door and remembered the conversation with Ina's dad. I almost felt unwanted.

"Hazel! I've been looking for you" I heard Liz say. She walked up from behind me and slid her hand in mine. She sniffed the air.

"Is uncle here?"  Liz questioned.

"If you mean Katerina's father then yes they just went out that way" I said pointing towards the curved entry leading to the place everyone was going too.

"Ohh, Let's go talk to him" Liz said pulling me by the hand towards the living room...I didn't talk much but I watched as Liz jumped from person to person to great and hug them. I was just following her in a weird silence. Everyone I passed looked at me in hunger. I felt sick and light headed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

A bright light hit my eye lids and I opened my eyes. There was the sound of sizzling and burning above my head; that sounded like bacon on the stove.

"Ahh!" I heard someone say. Then something moved from under me....Ian? I sat up and looked at Ian at the edge of my bed. He had his left hand up to his cheek.

"Ian, What happened?" I asked him. I started to find my way out of the cocoon I made with the covers.

"The sun just burned my face a little" He said. I looked and the window by my bed was cracked open with the sun light gleaming through the crack. I crawled over to the edge of my bed and closed the window then I slowly walked over on my knees to were Ian was.

"Let me see" I said as I lightly pulled his hand from his face.

"It's gone" I said. There was nothing there. The skin on his face looked fine like nothing happened.

"I heal fast" He said he pulled my hand from his face and sighed. I sat back down on my bed. "Why were you in my bed again?" I asked him

"I was protecting you while you slept" Ian smiled at me. "Hurry and get dressed in something casual, breakfast is ready" Ian said. He lightly touched his face again then he walked out.

He was wearing normal dark jeans and a grey sweater. So I pulled out some of my clothes and put on a jean skirt and a purple top and a jean jacket. I pulled my dark hair that was still a little curled into a pony tail. I lightly put some mascara on and a little lip gloss.

I pulled on my black flats I wore with everything and I walked down the hall and down the gold trimmed stairs. When I walked into the dining hall I saw that Liz, Ian and my new parents sitting down. I smiled as I smelt the hot fresh smell of pancakes and syrup.