Chap-9

I was thinking. Everything was coming together like a puzzle and I was the jagged piece in the middle. I needed more information, but Liz was gone. I didn't want to go downstairs with all this information in my head. I was even starting to remember last night.

"Hazel?" Someone whispered. I was so out of it I didn't even notice my door open and Ian's head popping in "Can I talk to you or are you too afraid to see me?"I wasn't scared of him..i don't think. I mean I wasn't really scared of any of them. Just shocked like a dream, I was hoping the being scared part would come later.

"Come in" I whispered barely having enough breath to talk. In less than a second Ian was sitting on the bed next to the spot Liz left me only thirty minutes ago.

"Baby steps" I said flinching back from him.

"Oh, right sorry" He said. He gave me a soft smile.

"I want to know more" I blurted.

"I bet" He said chuckling a little. I played with my fingers waiting for him to talk. He sighed. "Where do I start?"

"Jade, I want to know about how it all came to be in more detail"

"A long time ago there was the biggest family on earth and we were called the Trinian's. No matter if you were female or male it was our tradition that when you married to a Trinian your last name would be, Trinian. Just a simple fact to move and now on to the story" I was just sitting and listening as he started out slowly with the story.

"Jade; she was the most beautiful girl in the kingdom and she played some very dangerous games. Her favorite aside from getting everyone against Liz was making every boy fall in love with her. One person was a man named Fallon. He was the king's son. He was the hardest to fall and no one thought anything of it. But Jade wanted to be married to Lucas"

"Aren't they related?" I interrupted.

"Well like I've told you. Nothing blood. The family didn't think anything of it really." Ian said "well we had no idea Fallon's family were...strong vampires. Jade announced the engagement to Lucas to our family. We stayed and partied, but one night Fallon and his family showed even though they weren't invited to this event, but they came anyway. Only they didn't come for the wine and scenery. They killed us all. To this day we're unsure if it was intentional that we all changed into vampires, but it happened when we were all in the ballroom and Jade wore the black beauty. The same dress you wore just yesterday."

"Mhm"

"We don't remember up till the moment it happened, but we woke all blood thirsty. We all waited for Jade to wake up....But she never did. She died" he said. I nodded as I took all of it in.

"What happened after that?" I asked.

"Well, everyone was devastated about jade. Then we all spread around the earth. All the Trinian's kept to themselves and we haven't talked to each other till just yesterday." I sighed then I laid down on my bed and cuddled up into a ball. Everything was changing and it hurt...

"Do you miss her?" I asked.

"I can't say that I do." He said bowing his head.

"You're....a vampire!" I blurted now having it put in my mind. It clicked, all of it. "Oh my god, Lucas tried to kill me" I said now getting up. I was sore all over but I still tried to move. Ian zoomed over to me with inhuman speed and put his arm in front of me.

"Where are you going?" Ian asked me.

"To confront him" I said.

"I don't think so" Ian said. "He doesn't do well with confrontations"