Chap-24

"You guys need to go hunting. I'll be fine. I'll just be in my room probably getting ready for the party tonight. I'll clean up and look twice as good, then I'll get something to eat. You'll be back by then" I told Ian before Lucas, Liz, and Ian went out to hunt. Ian was still a little shook by the idea of leaving me alone in a world with vampires. Ian gave me a small hug then he disappeared. Liz skipped by me with Lucas walking silently behind. Liz waved before she disappeared and then Lucas just went after her. I sighed and went back in the house. I started to hear my phone ring so I slipped it out my pocket.

"Yes?" I said. I walked up the steps of the stairs and went into my room closing the door and listening to Jades breathing against the phone. I rolled my eyes at her trying to scare me.

“What do you want?” I almost shouted.

"Hazel! I'm so bored. Please come over" Jade wined. I glared at myself in the mirror and then I went to the closet then at the dresser.

"No I promised Ian I wouldn't go over there without him. Now stop bothering me. You know everyone is out hunting." I told her as I pulled a brush through my hair.

"But...but I need something. Oh I wish I could have gone with them. Ugh I'm so thirsty and I'm all out of blood packs. Please bring me some more. Please that's all I ask. Please Hazel." Jade said. I was a little confused because I just gave her fifteen packs last night and if she was really that hungry then she had problems. I wish she would just starve herself.

"I don’t know" I said.

"You promised anything I needed" jade said. It almost sounded like she was smiling and holding in a laugh. I groaned.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes. If you try anything I will pour Windex down your back" I threatened.

"What?" I hung up on her. I hurried down stairs and went into the main hallway. I opened the coat closet under the stairs and pushed my way through the coats to the small door handles in the back of the closet. I tugged on them till finally they opened with a click. When I went in it was cold, Foggy, and freezing. I went over to a small ice chest and pulled out a couple blood packs. They were jelly-ish and red. I almost puked as I pulled out a couple more and slipped them into my small arm bag.

"Please don't let anyone find me" I whispered a small prayer before leaving the room. I hurried out of the house and out into the forest. I was going to hate our visit. Just go in and out. Toss the bag and run out. Don't even look at her. I knocked on the door and in less than half a second it opened and there was Jade. She was wearing a small pink fluffy dress that went up above her knees showing most of her thigh. She was wearing a pink apron and was holding a spoon in her hand. She had her dark hair up in two pony tails. She looked like a little spoiled brat.

"Hazel! Funny seeing you here" Jade cheerfully said. My eyes were slits as I stared at her...” I was just making cookies and milk or wine which ever you prefer. Come in and let's eat" Jade bounced in her house.

"You made cookies with a spoon?" I asked. I tossed the bag on a small table by the door and followed into her half kitchen that was next to the living room. It smelt like cookies and something burnt. Jade pulled the cookies out of the microwave and put them on the counter.

"Jade! You don't put metal in microwaves and you don't make cookies in them either" I said. I turn on the air fan above the oven and then I opened a couple windows and fanning the air with my arms. Jade was sitting on the counter waving her spoon around like an idiot. I laughed as I looked at the black cookies.

"I'm sorry...I just. Buddy never taught me any cooking stuff" Jade said. She jumped off the counter and opened the fridge. She pulled out a wine bottle and pulled out a couple glasses and we sat at her small two seated table.

"So, tell me, you in love with Ian?" Jade blurted out. I froze and my eyes almost popped out my head.

"No." I said. I shook my head and drank some wine.

"It’s ok you know....to love Ian and Lucas both. I did" jade said. She raised her eyes brows at me, like she was looking for a confession.

"Sorry, but no" I said. I sipped my wine. She seemed almost annoyed at my answer. What was she doing?

"Where did you get that pony?" Jade asked. The purple pony was propped under my arm. I took it everywhere I didn't even notice I brought it.

“I...won it at the fair" I said feeling my cheeks get red and my heart start to pound the inside of my chest.

"Really? You sure no one won it for you?" Jade asked getting closer to me. I needed to stop reacting.

"I really need to go" I said I started to get up.

"Oh please Hazel! I don't have any friends to talk 'boys' about. I miss being human and having girl talks. I feel like I have a sister now. Please just tell me." Jade asked. She pulled my pony out from under my arm.

"Hey!" I said trying to snatch it back from her she was prancing around the room and I knew I wasn’t getting it back.

"Oh hush. I just want to see it" jade said. She touched the soft fur and then she pulled it up to her nose and inhaled the scent. I felt the furry blaze up inside me and I wanted so badly to mash her head in.

"This smells....So nice. Smells like you....and someone else. Are you the only person who touched this?" Jade asked. She examined the pony more. I started to get a little uneasy.

"The booth guy who handed me the pony when I won it" I said. I shrugged and then I stared out around the house that still smelled of burnt cookies.

"Mm...Does Fallon Knight work at the fair?" jade asked. I looked at her my eyes wide then I tried to change my expression to look confused, but failed.

"No" I said.

"I'm just kidding with you.....You should be going home now. I'll see you around Hazel" Jade said. She got up and showed me to the door. She put the pony in my hands and when she closed the door behind me I ran home. She was so going to kill me.

Jades POV

I finally got what I needed. I needed something to brighten things up. To turn Arthur against her and I smiled as I pulled out a piece of paper and an ink bottle out. I pulled out my special feather and dotted the page to make sure it worked.

Dear Arthur, Father

 I want to tell only you this. Don’t tell mother. I love you so much. I’ve always been a daddy's girl and now my real father is gone. I want to tell you everything, but I thought it would be cooler if I made it with an ink pen. So here it is; I have been becoming friends with all the boys Jade fell in love with and they seem very nice. One did catch my eye. It was Fallon, the poor guy needs me and I’m willing to be his Jade. This has been eating me up inside but I needed to tell you. So there it is. I chose Fallon to marry. Lucas is to demanding now and Ian is just desert on the side I think. Of course you would never guess I am like this because I’m so polite and