Chap-22

JADES POV

* * * * *

"I don't know why we have to hide out in this small hut I want to see my Mummy and Daddy" I pouted. I brushed out my hair ready to curl.

"It's only for a while. Trust me they want to tell your mother and father, just waiting for the right time" Lucas said putting his shirt on. I looked in the mirror and kept brushing my hair. I bit my lip then I turned around in my small stool. I made a big Heap of fake coughing. I clutched my stomach and coughed more. My throat was going to hurt after this.

"Jade? What's the matter?" Lucas said he hurried over to me kneeling on the ground in front of me and grabbing my wrists to pull away from my face.

"Oh don't freak out too much. It's a good thing Hazel is coming today." I said. I hung my head and wiped off the fake sweat that wasn't there.

"Jade? What are you talking about?' Lucas asked pulling my face down back to him.

"Lucas, don't you know. I can only live off hazel's presence and blood. That is why I'm alive again. Lucas didn't you learn anything these past 200 years? It's a vampires curse. If a vampire is away from there reincarnation, or as i should say Doppelganger, then they die off slowly" I said hanging my head again. I loved Lucas because he was the one person who truly believed everything I said. My family loves some girl that looked like me. It made me sick even though I didn't care about them anymore. I sighed.

"What? Who told you this?" Lucas asked.

"When I was with Fallon he told me his secrets. He told me all about vampires. Then I fell in love with you. That's why I picked you to marry" I said. I bit my lips and turned my face from him trying to look overwhelmed by something.

"How can we cure this curse?" Lucas asked. He looked like he would do anything for me and it made me smile inside. I laid my hand on his cheek to try to look thoughtful.

"Only one, but of course we could never do it." I said. I got up and started to walk away with a sad devastated face on. My scene was playing out so nice. I looked hopeless and he looked determined.

"What is it jade? I'll do anything" Lucas said. He crawled to his knees and he held my hand kissing it softly. I pulled my hand back scowling, his desperateness wasn’t attractive.

"Lucas stop being such a baby" I said.

"Please Jade. Tell me. I'll do it for you" Lucas said he got up and looked me in the eyes.

"I need Hazel's blood to the point of her death. She is only 14 years old though we can never do that" I said I put my hand up to my chest in disgust. “She has such a long life ahead of her”

"Jade, if you’re going to live. I'll bring you Hazel you can drain her dry I don't care. I only care about you" Lucas said. He kissed my neck and then to my shoulder. I smiled and held his head up.

"Lucas?" I said pulling him away from him. "You would do that....for me?"

"Anything Jade" Lucas said pulling his head back to my neck, kissing my softly.

"But what about Ian? Isn't he like...her body guard? And the family would never allow it. The only way of getting her all by herself, is to....Get everyone against her." I said. I blinked lightly. I tried not to be obvious that i wanted her dead.

"Ian will be hard, but I can do it in a heartbeat" Lucas said through kisses. I smiled in victory. He was falling into my trap just like we did when we were kids. Lucas was such a baby that it was almost unfun to rule over. I pulled him tighter to me.

"I can help too you know" Jade said.

"How? You can't show your face" Lucas said.

"I do have her voice though. I can use something those modern people call, a cell phone" I said. Then I laughed in victory as Lucas lightly kissed my lips.