Birthday Muffins | Shawn

*Shawn's POV*

I was lying on my back in my cushiony, soft bed, forcing my eyes shut. I tried to ignore the pestering sunlight that peeked out of the blinds, causing me to stay awake. All I wanted to do was... I tried to think of what it was, but my mind was shutting off and I was drifting to sleep, finally.

A few minutes after, I felt a body collide with my sleeping one. Fingers pinched at my cheeks like grandmas do when they see you.

"Wakey wakey, baby!" A cheery voice chirped. Her fingers released my cheeks, lightly cupping my face in stead. I felt a soft pair of lips peck mine.

My eyes fluttered open, pairing me with y/n's beautiful, sparkling orbs. A wide smile spread on her face. She leaned down once again, pushing her lips against my nose. I wasn't much of a morning person, but I guess today would be different.

"Happy Birthday, Shawn!" She smiled happily. Her lips found my cheek.

"Thank you, my love."

Instead of responding with a 'you're welcome,' she kissed my forehead.

"What's with all the kisses?" I chuckled, my morning voice sounding scratchy.

"It's your birthday!" She giggled cutely. "And I find your rosy cheeks extremely adorable."

"Well, too bad I don't find you adorable," I smirked, even though my hold on her waist was tight enough T to say otherwise. Not to where it would hurt her, but a giant hug was basically it.

"That's unfortunate, since I did make birthday muffins, but I guess I'll just go call Ian. I'm sure he'll eat them with me," she smiled deviously. She tried to wiggle out of my grasp, but there was no use.

"Baby, let me go," she pouted. Her cute, non-muscly arms pushed against my chest.

"Not until you promise me my muffins, and a proper kiss."

Her face twisted into disgust, "I, kiss you? When you have your nasty morning breath? Baby, I love you, but not that much." She could keep a straight face easily, which surprised me when her lip twitched into a smile and began to laugh.

My large hands now cupped her face, connecting our lips together.

"I love you, Shawn. Happy birthday," she smiled against my lips as she broke the kiss.

"I love you, too, Princess."