00:30

_____________________________  

We've been stuck for half an hour or so and there was no sign of any living thing trying to save, or even help us.

I got up and pressed the emergency button. No answer. I pressed it again and waited. No answer. Again. No answer. I pushed it again and again until I wasn't pressing it but punching it. I felt a bigger hand wrapped themselves around my hand.

"We're going to be okay, Nev." 

"No, we're not! No one is answering! We don't know when they're going to respond— we don't know how they'll try to save us! We know nothing!" I snapped at him.

Tears form in my eyes. I feel suffocated. Constricted. Trapped. Like the walls are slowly closing in on me and there was no escape. Helpless. 

Like how I felt when he pushed me into the shoe closet and locked me for hours with only a faint sound of shattering plates, glass and liquor bottles from outside.

"Hey ,don't cry. It's going to be fine." he said as he wiped the tears that escaped my eyes.

In five seconds my eyes turned into waterworks. I sobbed into his chest and tried to say something, but  came out as a series of strangled noise noises. His response was to pull me closer to him and said, It's okay. It's alright — let it all out. Let it all out."

He held me in his arms and rocked us back and forth.

  ____________  

After a few minutes of crying my heart out, I settled down beside him with my head on his shoulders.

"Sorry about that." I nudged his shoulder.

"It's fine. I'm used to it. As long as you're okay now." He wraps an arm around me.

"Used to it?"

"My sister. She throws a fit or cries uncontrollably sometimes— but she's okay. So you can say that I'm thoroughly prepared if someone threw a fit in front of me." he exhaled a deep breath.

I chuckled, "It must be nice to have a sister huh?"

"If she's not currently lying on her hospital bed in a state of coma —then yeah." He spat bitterly.

I sat up straight and looked at him, "What happened to her?" I scrunched my eyebrows and touched his shoulder.

He didn't spare a glance at me, he just looked straight ahead like he did before.

"Car crash." he said shakily and drew a ragged breath.

I reached out to him and squeeze his hand.

  _____________________________