00:20

[Dedicated to the lovely @Shanteena for the cover. It's amazing]

  _____________________________  

We sat in comfortable silence next to each other. No words or secret glances exchanged. Nothing. But it felt somewhat nice. He was scrolling through his phone and looking through pictures of plants — strange. I sighed and cried mentally, I wished I hadn't forgot to bring my phone with me.

He glanced at me and asked, "Where's your phone?"

"I left it on my bed —I think. Or was it on the table? I forgot." I shrugged, like it was a normal thing. But I was mentally scolding myself to never forget about my phone.

"How can you survive half a day without your phone? That's pretty incredible."

"I can't. I'm slowly dying as the second passes by."

"Can you give me your number or something?"

"For what?"

"I don't know  — maybe so we could hang out sometime?" 

"Okay, give me your phone" I gestured him to hand over his phone. I typed my number and saved it before handing him back.

"There. Keep in mind to not contact me in ungodly hours."

"Oh I will" he looked at me with a glint of amusement in his eyes.

  ____________  

"Which school do you go to?" He asked out of the blue.

"Home."

He stared at me and blinked.

"I'm home-schooled."

"Is it nice? You don't get to spend time with your friends, don't you?"

"Yeah it's good. My friends—yeah I meet them on weekends.." I trailed off. As if I had any to begin with.

"We should hang out after we get out of this place."

"You rhymed." I chuckled.

He grinned at me before going through his phone once again. How I really wish I had my phone with me.

  ____________  

"I'm a bit thirsty, are you?"

"No, not really. But I have my water bottle with me so,"

"Here." I handed him my bottle.

He immediately grabbed it and drank a couple of big gulps before handing it back to me.

"Thanks."

He finished my drink.

---------
author's note: 

this week was exhausting. I can't wait to graduate lol. Anyways, thank you all for your lovely comments and messages. It warms my heart. Really.

Please don't forget to follow, vote and comment!