00:10

[Dedicated to  for agreeing to edit this chapter in such a short notice. ily]

_____________________________

"Sorry,"  came his voice after a while. 

"I shouldn't have lashed out on you — or anyone actually."  he sighed..

"That's okay," I said, "But try pressing the emergency button or even better, call the operator."

He pressed the red emergency button before walking over to me.

"Once again, sorry about that. Anyway, I'm Jack, you?" He outstretched his hand and flashed me a boyish grin.

I looked at him for a second before answering, and shook his hand hesitantly, "Nevada." I answered.

"Cool  name."

I've always wanted to change my name to something different entirely. Like Lilith maybe, or Francesca. I was ready to argue about how basic my name was but resorted to to thanking him instead.

"Thanks," I smiled, "You too."

"Thank you."

"I mean, your name is cool — not you," I mentally slapped myself for saying that.

"No! You're cool too! I mean-"

He raised an eyebrow and chuckled softly, "I got it. Thanks, Nev. You're cool too"

"Thanks." My first interaction with the opposite sex for more than five minutes and he must've thought I was weird. Great.

  ____________  

"So... what shall we do while we're stuck here waiting?"

"Uh, wait?"

"Won't you get tired of waiting? God knows how long we'll be here."

He does made sense.

"Right then, what do you suggest we do?"

"We could always play twenty questions."

Twenty questions — more like twenty chances for him to find out how far I was from being remotely normal and twenty chances for him to figure out about my past.

"Five." I said.

"Five?" he asked incredulously.

"Yeah, five questions only." I said in a tone where there would be no room for arguments.

"Okay then Miss Mysterious, let's start with the first one." He said, as he sat down, and beckoned me to do the same. "What's your full name?"

"Nevada Windigo, what's yours?"

"Jack Parkerson. So, onto the next question. Your birthday?"

Good, two out of five and no suspicious questions yet. "15th August, 1998."

"Great, we're the same age."

"Oh, good to know." He suddenly tilted his head back to laugh.

 "What?" I looked at him with a confusion.

"Nothing, nothing. By the way, that counts as your third question"

"Oh well. It's your turn, go ahead and ask away"

"Okay, let's see. Do you have siblings?"

 "No, I'm an only daughter." 

"That's nice."

"What about you?"

He answered hesitantly, "I have a sister that's two years younger than me. You kind of remind me of her."

"Oh, really? How so?" The thought of me reminding him of his sister surprised me. So much for being invisible.

"You're sarcastic, but you're also not much of a talker she was too." He smiled sadly as if he was recalling a distant memory.

"Was?"

He smiles knowingly, "Ah, I can't tell you that. You've used up all your five questions already."

Ten points for Jack Parkerson and zero for Nevada Windigo.

_____________________________

Please don't forget to vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter <3