00:25

There's a fine line between reality and a dream. Even if it tends to be blurry, it's still there. And I wish I was living a dream where everything felt right and not out of place.

Jack was staring at his shoes for a more than three minutes ready, and I wonder what was going on inside his head. His eyes speak such volumes of sadness that I can't help but sympathize.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah" he glanced at me and looked genuinely surprised that I asked him a question.

"Did you went through a break up, or something? You look down."

"No it's not that. It's something else." his  eyes were filled up with emotions I could instantly recognize: sadness and guilt.

Maybe it's because of his easy-going nature, or his sad blue eyes that seems to illuminate the room, not literally of course—that made me want to dig deeper.

I looked at him and internally debated whether I should console him, or not. In the end, I chose the latter and looked at my hands folded on my lap. I gave him one last before looking back to my lap. Sometimes silence speaks more than words could ever do.

  ____________  

"Do you feel like like peeing?" he suddenly asks

"No, not really— but do you feel like peeing?"

"Yeah, but I'm also thirsty."

"You just drank" I deadpanned.

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"That was five minutes ago." 

"Whatever you say,Mister Genius."

"Can I have some of your drink again?"

"You said you wanted to pee."

"But I'm thirsty!" He pleads

"Do not put the blame on me if your bladder bursts."

"It can burst?" He looked at me with wide-alarmed eyes.

"Google it." I said and handed him my empty bottle.

"It's empty."

"You finished it, remember?"

"Oh yeah, I did." he said sheepishly.

  _____________________________