00:55

||Dedicated to Nidaakbarrcx because her votes and comments warms my heart||

P.S: please read the author's note at the end.

-

After spending our time attacking each other with witty, cheesy and lame comebacks we moved back to our original position. Sitting opposite the door, crossed leg and side by side.

"You know," he starts "I'm curious."

"And why is that?" I raise my eyebrow

"You look like the weight of the world is on your shoulders." He shifted so he's looking directly at me.

"We're stuck in an elevator and you want to talk about my life?" I look at him incredulously

"Life is like a CD. I'm simply asking to rewind yours." He smiled "Wow that was poetic, Ms.Grace should give me an A plus for that."

I smile at his charming nature and took a deep breath - choosing my next words carefully. "Promise me then, promise you won't judge me or think I'm making this all up for attention of sorts"

He crossed his heart with his finger and gestured for me to continue. "I was b-bullied in my old school and I got depressed. My dad triggered it. He was abusive to both my mom and me - he was a drunk. He used to push me inside the shoe closet to punish me for something stupid," I smile sadly at the memory.

I don't know why I'm agreed to tell him all of this but I trust him and I feel that he too, trusts me. Even when we've only known each other for an hour or less, his eyes speak the same sadness in mine that seems to make me trust him.

"So I started to harm myself. Now looking back I could honestly agree that it was stupid. But I didn't realize it. At that point I was hurting.

My mother, sh-she tried to help. But as much as she thinks that she's keeping it sane for both of us, we were slowly losing our minds and there's no one to save us." A tear escaped my eyes. I quickly wiped it away with the palm of my hands and gulped.

"We left. And we're happy now. But that's an old wound - and it's hard to heal." I breathe out.

I tilt my head to look at him and he's staring at me the whole time. As if calculating my every move. He doesn't say anything but he looks like he's looking for the right words to say.

I realize that in those deep blue orbs, there was little to no ounce of sympathy - but huge part of something else. Empathy.

---------------------
Author's note: Goodbye weekdays, hello weekend. And omagerd guys Intervals was #623 in Short Story! I'm crying

Also, please kindly check out my new story Holding On To Forever. I'm super excited for this. The prelude is up and please comment what you guys think!

:)