chapter 7 - trusted

Hailey's P.O.V.
"Hailey, I'm not that fast of a runner," Ross groaned loudly following up behind me. "You're lucky I left my skateboard at school," I said stopping a bit so he could catch up with me. "Is that why you were late?" He asked as we slowed down to catch our breathes.
"Yes," I simply told him as I tried to look for the bushes. "There," I stopped pointing to the green bushes. "Have you seen this place before?" I asked looking at him. "No, not yet," he said as he furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity.
"Grab some stones, we'll need them to track our way so that we won't get lost," I told him as he nodded slightly. We walked between bushes while throwing some of the stones on the leaves covered soil. "Look," I told him beaming widely. He went out of the bushes and stood by me. "There's more, " I told him as I walked leaving more stones behind me. "This is what caught my breath,"

his eyes widened, and his jaw was dropped. "Hailey, this is beautiful, " he said looking at the waterfall. "What's this?" pointing at the bench, with the book on it., curiosity took both of us. "I have no idea, but I wanna check it out," I said grabbing the book. "It's locked, "

"Hold on, I have a hair pin," I said taking it out of my hair letting it fall on my face as I blew it away. I grabbed the pin, and plugged it inside of the key hole. I struggled into the keyhole as the lock refused to open.
"Ill try to do it," Ross said after he has seen me tried of trying. He grabbed the book, as I gave him the Bobby pin. He plugged it in the keyhole as he tilted it to the left, then to the right, up, then down as it slowly opened. He quickly opened at the first page.

December 19, 1689

"1689? That's a long time ago," Ross said as he saw the first page with the date on it. He ruffled through the pages, and man, this must be a long old diary, a REALLY, old one. "Why don't we read that later, it's gonna take ages, " he said running a hand through his golden/blonde hair. I took it and put it inside my backpack. "How did you find this place? Its amazing."
"Well, since today I woke up super early, I decided to explore a bit around the streets. I skated through streets, and I heard a shuffle over there, so I went in," I said sitting on the bench. "You know," he started, "you never told me anything about you, like, we never got to know each other better."
"Well, what do you wanna know?"
"The basics, " he said sitting next to me by the bench and shuffling the fainted music on his phone as I took a deep breath, as i began.
"Uhm, i was born here, but lived in Egypt. I love music, that's why I play the guitar, and keyboard, and a little bit of violin. My hobbies are basketball, gymnastics, and hockey. My favorite colors are red, violet, and vintage blue," I stopped a and turned my head to Ross, he was looking directly into me, as of he was looking through my soul. "Ross? "
"Yeah,"
"Can I trust you? " I asked nervously .
"Hailey, you can tell me anything."
I took a deep breath, and took the blue lens off my left eye, and looked at him. He was confused.
"Your eyes are naturally gray?"
"No," I started, "it's only this one, i was born with it," he looked surprised. "Is it harmfull? " he asked with concern in his eyes. "No, it's just the color, it's because of DNA genes, " I said as I felt my eyes begin to get heavy and I wanted to cry so bad, I let out a tear as he frowned, "Hailes, why are you crying?" He asked with sad eyes.
"Because, I was bullied a lot from this eye, everybody called me names, I hate it, thats why i decided to lie, and say that i got 'surgery' . Thats why i wear this lens. everybody bullied me with every part of my body, even the closest people to me bullied, that I feel so insecure about every single part in me. And you're the first person to know this. I never told anyone because I feel like they don't understand. I tried but all they do is say that I'm overreacting,  and no one realizes how hurtful it is to have the same nasty names getting called to you every single day." I blurted out sighing and somehow relieved I got this off my heart .
He didn't say a thing. He just sat there shocked due ty o the sudden reaction.

I looked down slightly embarrassed. Maybe opening up for him wasn't the best idea.
"Hailey," he said trying to get me to look at him, he then put his hand under my chin and raised it, "look at me, your eyes are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. And I'm not just saying this to make you feel better, I say this because it is true, anyone who would not like those eyes, is clearly jealous of them, and don't be ashamed or regret blurting out this off your heart, because I'm glad you did. And I totally understand, cause from now on, I'll always be there for.you no matter what, and I know that you will also be there for me. I'm going to be a great friend to you, always. Forever. "

he said as I started to let out tears again, I've never met such a sweet guy. "Hey, hey, hey, don't cry," he looked at me, with his big hazel eyes. "C'mere, " he said opening his arms wide as I took it gratefully, I really needed that hug, "Ross?" I said into his shoulder.
"Yeah?"
"That's the most beautiful thing anybody has ever said to me."
"You deserve much better than this, I'm grateful for you too," he said as I loosned my grip on him and smiled, just then, a song started to play on his phone and he was going to shuffle it but then I grabbed his shoulder to stop him, "leave it, it's beautiful," I said as he nodded.

Tear drops in your hazel eyes,

I can't believe I made you cry.

It feels so long, since we went wrong,

But your still on my mind.

Never meant to break your heart,

Sometimes things just fall apart.

"That sounds a lot like you, "
"That's because it is me, " be said and I was surprised. " Your voice is amazing. Did you write this song?" He nodded. "Me and my siblings are in a band, well except for Ryland, he isn't, but our friend, Ellington is," he said and I was kinda surprised, he is a celebrity, and in school he sits with me only, the new girl at school. "If your famous, then why did you only hang out with ME at school, you almost ignored everybody," I asked him confused.

"First of all, that would be rude to you, I can't leave you lost while I go hang out someone else, second, you're the only good person in this school, before we started the band
before we went famous, no one would respect me, they all ignored me and thankfully I had my siblings so I only hung out with them. That was until I had fame, everything flipped, everybody suddenly gave me importance, I knew I was going to be used so I rejected everything. That was until I met you," he said with a light chuckle on the last part and I was kinda shocked, I looked at him with happy eyes as he returned the gesture.

We stayed like that in the sound of the fainted music, staring into each other's eyes and the water crashes by the waterfall.

"SCHOOL," I shouted while Ross' eyes went wide, we stood up while picking our backpacks and and running while following the rocks trail.

I hope we don't get into trouble.

(A/N)
Heyyy. Sorry for not updating that often. Wi-Fi sucks here. I hate it. But anyways I have a LOT of ideas, but I guess I'm still putting the story in track. Anyways please vote + comment.
QOTC ( question of the chapter )
What do you think the old diary contained?
I ain't telling y'all. not just yet, but it has a big part in the story .

Anyways.... I love youuuu
And bye