Chapter 6 Revelations pt2

CH 6 Revelations pt 2

A heavy sigh left her mouth as Kaydence finally put the book down on the table. Hours had gone by and in that time her anger towards Nickolas mostly subsided. She was still upset that he kissed her and then said it was just that, Kaydence didn’t think it was just that but maybe she needed to get used to the idea that she needed to be detached. Afterall, if by some strange miracle she was chosen by the prince there was no guarantee she’d even have feelings for him, let alone have him be faithful. So essentially Nickolas did Kaydence a favour. That didn’t mean that she would stop prying because it was only fair that she knew him to the extent that he knew her. She didn’t want to just brush Nickolas off especially if the rumor was true, he obviously went through a difficult childhood with whatever happened with his father- much like Kaydence had.

There was a knock at the door disturbing Kaydence from her thoughts. Getting up, still not even dressed she found Gemma and Lydia who were both dressed and looked at Kaydence with shocked looks.

“You did it? You slapped her?” Gemma pointed convincingly at Kaydence who couldn’t keep a straight face.

Backing up, letting the girls in. They walked into her room and shut the door behind them.

“What makes you say that?” Kaydence couldn’t help but laugh, not a single part of her felt remotely guilty over what she did.

“All the girls are talking about it, Roxanne won’t admit it was you but some of the girls saw.” Lydia pointed out as she went to join Kaydence and Gemma to sit on the bed.

“The bitch had it coming.” Gemma added matter of factually.

“What kind of trouble did you get into anyways? Rumor has it, you were brought to see the prince.” Gemma raised her eyebrows, staring intently at Kaydence as though waiting for some big scandal.

“I was.” Kaydence layed down, it drove her insane not being able to see the prince’s full face. His jaw, those lips and chin.....so familiar and yet not familiar enough for her to place him. If only she had been able to see a bit more of his face she could tell if it looked like Nickolas or Stephen- which seemingly looked enough alike. It was driving her insane with curiosity.

“And?” Gemma nudged her, dying with anticipation.

“And it’s driving me crazy that I can’t place him. That blasted hooded robe doesn’t reveal much of anything. I need to know if the rumor is true.” Kaydence pouted, would it really make that much of a difference if she knew the truth or would it just complicate things further for her?

“Which rumor?” Gemma asked looking from Lydia to Kaydence who both seemed to know what was going on besides her.

“Where Nickolas might be the prince’s twin.” Kaydence felt exhausted just thinking so much.

“I don’t know what you should believe, I’ve also heard that the eldest brother is actually the prince posing as his brother and the man in the hood is a decoy.” Gemma placed her index finger on her lip, deep in thought.