Chapter 5- Reality Sets In- pt2

Chapter 5- Reality Sets In pt2

After rushing into a change of clothes Kaydence opened the door to reveal Nickolas leaning against the side of the corridor patiently.

“Alright, follow me.” He smirked before conspicuously checking to make sure the corridor was empty before sneaking  out through the back exit.

“What happened to staying away from you?“ Kaydence skeptically followed Nickolas to God only knows where, she wasn’t even entirely sure why she was following him out into the darkness of night especially after everything.

“It was a mere suggestion, besides it’s not as though we’re fooling around.” Nickolas pointed out as he held the door open for Kaydence.

“You’re right, we’re just breaking rules and wandering off the premises at night, all alone. That’s not the least bit suspicious.” Kaydence shook her head before turning to look at Nickolas as he stood still for a moment.

“I happen to be a very trustworthy individual.” He grinned before offering his hand towards Kaydence for her to take.

“Especially with women.” Kaydence muttered under her breath before refusing to take his hand.

“You don’t know this land like I do. I’m only offering my hand so you don’t stumble on anything, the rocks are very sharp along the walkway.” Nickolas folded his arms looking at Kaydence as though she were the most impossible and unreasonable person alive.

Kaydence didn’t know the land and Nickolas didn’t seem to be trying anything inappropriate with her, so she sighed over dramatically before accepting Nickolas’ hand.

“Just this once.” She eyed him as he chuckled to himself.

“You know, I remember not so long ago you didn’t mind my hands on you.” Nickolas remarked causing Kaydence’s face to heat up.

“Have you no boundaries? Honestly. It’s not something I prefer to recall, thank you.” Kaydence followed behind Nickolas as he escorted her up a wooden staircase that was surrounded by trees and utter darkness.

“My apologies.” Nickolas’ hand held Kaydence’s with such a fierce grip yet he was still entirely gentle with her.

She tried really hard not to think about his hand on hers but it proved to be more distracting, so she would make small talk to take her mind off of it.

“So where are you taking me?” Kaydence vaguely saw a walking path covered in dirt and rocks at the top of the wooden stairs. Trees arched and loomed over the walkway, blocking the stars and night sky.

“If I told you then it would not be a surprise.” Nickolas ducked down and held one of the branches higher so Kaydence wouldn’t have to duck under them.

“Thank you.” Kaydence added politely as she continued to follow Nickolas.