Chapter 4- Round 1- Fight! Part 2

Chapter 4 Round 1-Fight! part 2

“Goodness, this dress barely covers my bottom.” Kaydence fussed while trying to tug the tiny dress over her butt, hoping it would cover a little more. Although the irony that all the men that would be judging her had already seen everything she had to offer. This made her giggle a little, the adrenaline had been pumping through her veins so fiercely that she thought she was going to pass out.

“At least it covers your breasts, mine are practically all over the place.” One of the ten girls who had made it past this round glanced over and smiled friendly towards Kaydence, Gemma and Lydia.

“I’m Arianna.” The girl was familiar, Kaydence remembered her speaking with Roxanne on the Faery over. It’s funny how all of a sudden she decided to waste her time speaking to them.

Kaydence looked to Lydia who looked to Gemma who looked back to Kaydence before shrugging and holding her hand out to her.

“I’m Gemma, this is Kaydence and you know Lydia’s evil bitch sister Roxanne.” She was so blunt it had made Kaydence’s jaw drop. There would be no surprises around Gemma, and she valued that kind of honesty.

“Hey I’m just trying to do what all the other girls here are. I mean one of us is going to be queen someday so why not better acquaint ourselves?” Arianna looked bored before walking back to Roxanne and a few other girls.

“Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.” Another girl whispered in passing.

The three girls turned their heads to notice the dark skinned girl wearing a gold dress that was a similar style to all the other girls dresses, only she looked simply angelic.

“I’d just like to keep my friends close, thank you for the suggestion though.” Kaydence smiled politely before returning her attention to Lydia and Gemma.

They were all wearing the same mini dress that barely covered any of their assets but all the dresses were different colours. Once they all found dresses that were flattering to themselves, Lessa led them down a long corridor. It led to one single exit and then they were outside. There was a walking path and in the distance you could see a bridge that led to what looked like a brick cottage that was well lit and there was a crowd of people outside, talking and laughing. You could smell the gin and alcohol off of them. They were really going to a whore house, Kaydence felt guilty for being so judgemental because once upon a time it was something that had actually briefly crossed her mind. For some women that can’t support themselves didn’t have the luxury that Kaydence had- compared to them she was well off.

Being so sheltered, only having ideas of horrific things being done to them Kaydence honestly had no idea what to expect. She gulped before continuing to walk forwards with her friends, it was such a blessing that she wouldn’t have to go through this all alone. Although, somehow she still felt very much alone. The only virgin in this group, the thought would make people laugh knowing that she was going to be trained and broken until she was found suitable by the prince and even then- it was only a mere shot at being future Queen. If she blew this, she would be forced back home, barely taking care of herself let alone her ill grandmother and with no medical help for her- things would surely go downhill. How she deluded herself into thinking her life was good was a clear illusion. Holding her head up high, knowing that in her heart she was going to do what she had to even if some part of her felt awful and appalled with herself, it had to be done.

“This is it.” Kaydence whispered as she linked arms with Lydia and Gemma as they strutted past the drunken men and women outside, some were falling over, some were smoking and most of them were being loud and barely tolerable. Likely disposed of by the owner of the club.