Chapter 5- Reality Sets In pt1

Chapter 5 Reality Sets In-  pt1

“So spill already!” Gemma sat there eagerly on Kaydence’s bed alongside Lydia who sat cross legged, knee touching knees as the girls all anticipated Kaydence’s suspicious possible romance with Nickolas.

“He’s something else, and not necessarily in a good way.... I don’t even know where to start.” Kaydence let out a long breath, not even sure how to start.

“Okay so we know he lured you here under false pretenses. He seemed very antsy to speak to you when we arrived, you shut him down and then-” Lydia looked up at Kaydence expectantly.

“That evening, I went outside to get some fresh air and to sketch a little. I saw Nickolas and Roxanne kissing on a bench- to my disgust. I walked away as fast as I could but for some reason he sent Roxanne off with the excuse of not wanting me out in the dark, alone.” Kaydence couldn’t tell if she was more upset of seeing him and Roxanne kissing or the satisfaction that he shut her away the second Kaydence was there.

“What a jerk.” Gemma added as she felt herself starting to get worked up.

“A sweet jerk though.” Lydia interjected, with a similar expression to Kaydence’s.

“He placed his jacket on the ground for me to sit on and well  made an innuendo that we were “together” in front of one of the guards. He truly gets on my nerves.” Kaydence remembered how embarrassed she felt and hadn’t even realized she was blushing until Gemma let out a few giggles.

“But you’d like to be ‘together’.” Gemma poked Kaydence causing Kaydence to glare at Gemma before  sighing, she wasn’t sure anymore what she wanted from him.

“I had thought so until-” Kaydence really didn’t want to have to bring up the bathroom incident, in fact the shame she felt for what transpired made her feel guilty for not entirely focussing on the prince, let alone the fact that Nickolas had not wanted to touch her and then shot her down rather harshly.

“Until?” Lydia grabbed Kaydence’s hand and smiled reassuringly towards her, making her feel a little more capable of speaking.

“The bathroom incident.” Kaydence confessed, actually feeling a little relieved to have gotten a bit off her chest.

The girls sat silently waiting for Kaydence and even though opening up was embarrassing, so was being closed off.

“So Aries, who I grew up with and hadn’t realized was my childhood friend- tried talking me out of staying. I decided to stay and we were in the bathroom preparing for this evening when Nickolas apparently came barging in as Aries needed to tend to something. The timing was a little bit ironic but either way I didn’t say a word. Aries had Nickolas finish with the grooming and he did a little more than the grooming.” Kaydence hoped the girls wouldn’t make her outright say in detail what had happened.

“How much more? Like sex?” Gemma’s scandalous look made Kaydence outright laugh.