Chapter 3 Selections Part 2

Chapter 3 Selections pt 2

“You liked that?” Nickolas’ brows lowered and a look of pure lust spread across his face.

Kaydence couldn’t believe those words left her mouth before she had the chance to take them back. At first she regretted it, now not so much. She nodded breathlessly.

“You know I really shouldn’t.” Nickolas fought with the urge to leave, he shouldn’t be tampering with the selections, but he couldn’t help himself. Nickolas found himself being greedy and with little regret.

Kaydence was already on a roll for shocking herself, why not keep at it. Afterall this was as far as she’s gone sexually with someone before and she suspected she’d need to be less pure and this was her opportunity.

“You’ve caused me such pain, whynot a little pleasure?” Kaydence looked up at him beggingly, with those big aqua green eyes and Nickolas felt himself harden immediately.

“Well shit.” Nickolas muttered under his breath as he grabbed Kaydence by her wrist and pulled her towards him, then gripped her by the waist. With her hair dangling down her back, he was able to gently nuzzle her hair with his face.

It smelled faintly of lavender, he brushed the hair aside and gripped her other hip and gently pulled her back against his chest. His erection firmly pressing against her lower back as his free hand held the cloth and dipped it in warm water and lotion. Nickolas wanted to send her over the edge with pleasure, nothing for him and everything for her. It would be his way of formally apologizing for his actions.

Gently brushing the cloth down the side of her face, he saw Kaydence’s eyes flutter shut as she stood there mildly stiff. When he brought the cloth lower, down her neck and just past her collarbone he began to trail the cloth more slowly. Ever so slowly over her hardened pink nipple that seemed to stick out the more she arched her back. Nickolas licked his lips wishing it was more than the wash cloth running over her breasts. Lingering a little longer than necessary he then, continued to trail lower. Her skin was so pale and soft as he slid down her abdomen and reached lower until he cupped her privates with the cloth over top of his hand. A slight moan escaped her mouth as he began to slide back and forth over her core, feeling her body grow limp as her head reached for the crease of his neck for support.

At first they were slow strokes, Nickolas pictured him touching over her folds without the cloth and the eventually he began to picture his mouth on her. Sliding his tongue back and forth in a rocking motion causing her to push into him as she arched getting even closer to her orgasm. He felt himself close to finishing but he absolutely wouldn’t have it. Kaydence’s heavy panting made it even harder for him but knowing tonight she may go home if all the men decided so, was enough fuel for him to keep going. He gripped her hip with his free hand even tighter, drawing her into him as she began to rock her hips matching the motion of his hand. Rubbing up against him was almost enough for him to take her here and now. Just as he was about to pull away so he could undo his pants she began to come.

Her hand clamped against Nickolas’ hand that held her in place as she arched her back while leaning on him for support as she spiralled into bliss. Kaydence had never felt anything so beautiful and words seemed to fail her as he then began to pull away. She wanted to repay him the favour, so in one quick motion she spun around and grabbed ahold of the loops on his pants. She wasn’t even sure she knew what she was doing but she was going to find out whether it was here with Nickolas or later with someone else. Drawing him closer, she bit her lip as she looked up at him. At first he seemed too shocked to move but then instead of letting her undo his pants he began to pull away.

“I don’t understand.” Kaydence didn’t know why he wouldn’t let her touch him and a cold look took over his face and she couldn’t figure out what she had done wrong.

“If you make it past selections, I suggest staying away from me. Wouldn’t want you to be sent home for fooling around with the prince’s best mate.” Nickolas’ tone was equally as cold as he shut the door and left her in the room, totally baffled and upset.

Technically speaking Nickolas had a point, Kaydence felt like nothing more than a mere whore. She already felt stupid for being rejected but having it thrown in her face that she could be sent home for something he did not have to do to her, he was also at fault. Maybe he didn’t think she knew what she was doing, heck she didn’t even know what she was doing. Maybe she was too inexperienced and it showed. Feeling disappointed Kaydence went into the bath to soak in her disappointment.

There was a knock on her door but since she was in the bath she was unable to answer it.

“Hello? Kaydence?” A female voice had entered the room and not one she was familiar with.

“In the bath.” She replied while studying the door, trying to not look like she was completely miserable.

“Ahh there you are!” A girl with short, dark hair that was cropped to the side walked in. Wearing slacks and a tight t-shirt, she was strangely pretty as she walked in and stared at Kaydence for a long, hard minute.

Kaydence remained silent as she watched the girl watching her. This was unorthodox, being checked out and scrutinized by a female. Kaydence had finished washing herself and went to reach for the towel.

“Here, let me.” The girl grabbed the towel and held it out to Kaydence to wrap herself in.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Kaydence furrowed her eyebrows together, wondering if she could tell what had happened only minutes ago. Of course she couldn’t have and it was nonsense but still.....

“You’re just my last visit today and don’t feel strangely about this but you’re so beautiful.” The girl moved back but hadn’t stop watching her.

“As are the many other women here.” Kaydence pointed out, knowing that the other high class women here had much more to offer than she did.

“They’re pretty yes, but not necessarily beautiful. You have a natural, symmetrical beauty about you. There are very few here that will be actual competition for you, I wouldn’t be surprised if the prince chose you right off the- Sorry I suppose I’m jumping the gun and frightening you. I’m Lessa.” She held out her hand and Kaydence held her towel with one hand and shook the girl’s hand with the other, feeling slightly less uncomfortable.

Was everyone here so informal, or was is just Kaydence’s village that was so outdated. Women wearing pants, was strange. Having one tell her she was beautiful was equally strange. Apparently that wasn’t true enough or Nickolas wouldn’t have left like that, so cold and repulsed. He absolutely did not want her touching him and it made her wonder what was so wrong with her that he wouldn’t let her even touch him. What if he thought she wasn’t worthy? What if the prince would feel the same way around her? Trying not to look as upset as she was she was even more determined to prove she was as good if not better than the other girls here.

Realizing she had been staring blankly at the wall she vaguely heard the woman tell her, her name.

“Kaydence.” She snapped back into reality.

“So Aries was here earlier?” Lessa pulled out a similar clipboard and skimmed through a few pages.

“Yes.” Kaydence smiled feeling happy that at least she knew one person here and of all people she expected to ever run into Aries was a really nice surprise.

Lessa read Kaydence’s expression and smiled. “You like Aries? He was kind to you.” Lessa walked out of the bathroom and into Kaydence’s room before looking at the outfit Aries had put aside.

“We grew up together.” Kaydence looked at another dress Lessa pulled out of the closet, it was a knee length, red satin dress with a sweet heart cut around the neck. This looked like a dress Kaydence once saw in one of those fashion magazines.

“This has more of a wow effect, but it’s up to you. It’s not like you’ll be wearing the gown for long anyways.” Lessa let out a tiny giggle.

“What do you mean?” Kaydence turned to face Lessa.

“Aries didn’t tell you?” Lessa frowned before shaking her head.

“He was in a rush and was called out, what was it that he neglected to mention?” Kaydence’s face filled with worry.

“Alright so this evening, you will all meet in the lobby at a quarter to seven. Once all the women are gathered you will be brought to the main hall for snacks and to mingle. From there, the prince who will be hooded, his mates, royal adviser and Aries will all be there watching from afar. This is how they begin their selections. Once the music comes to a stop, the prince and the others will come in and you will all present yourselves on stage according to your numbers. When your number is called you will smile, curtsey and exit to the left.” Lessa went to sit on a chaise across from the bed as Kaydence found herself sitting on the ledge of the bed, listening intently.

“I will be there and one by one you girls will be called back on stage this time there will be a head table where the men will sit at and wish to speak with you individually. At one point you will be asked to remove your clothing leaving only your undergarments. This is to judge your sexual appeal to them as apart of the process. Then you will be asked a very important question that will inevitably decide whether you stay or go.” As Lessa spoke Kaydence felt herself lean in towards Lessa completely engulfed in the conversation.

“What is the question?” Kaydence’s eyes pleaded with Lessa, her curiosity was going to consume her. She needed an edge.

“What can you give the prince?” Lessa smirked at Kaydence and Kaydence returned the smirk. She knew exactly how she was going to answer the question.

“Now, undergarments. We have a matching black satin panties and strapless bra, go put these on.” Lessa handed the pair to Kaydence who looked at her reflection in the mirror as she tossed the undergarments aside.

“I think I’ve found my edge.” Kaydence giggled before slipping the dress on.

Lessa shook her head, “Alright now we will get to your hair.”

*****

Kaydence sat in her room the rest of the day, reading current magazines of the Mainland, everything from fashion to modern technologies that were now available for the everyday household. She very much enjoyed learning about all the things her customers in her bakery had gossiped about, and seeing the pictures alongside made her feel more connected and less outcasted. Food had been brought to her room and when she decided she wanted to visit her friend she went over towards Lydia’s door and when she went to open it, it was locked.

“Strange.” Kaydence muttered to herself before hearing a horrid ringing sound filling the room.

When she realized it was the phone she walked towards it and picked it up. Placing it towards her ear.

“Hello?” Kaydence answered, wondering who was calling her.

“Kaydy?” Kaydence’s grandmother was on the phone.

“Nana!” Kaydence felt herself begin to tear up a little at the sound of her grandmother.

“Oh sweetheart! You won’t believe our good fortune!” Kaydence could tell Nana was smiling because she seemed extremely happy.

“Apart of me almost can’t.” Kaydence’s smile was so large it must have been from ear to ear.

“Aries had someone bring me to the mainland, I’m living in something called a plaza. He offered to buy the bakery for a very handsome price. I couldn’t take the two hundred thousand pounds so he offered to send me here and the rest will be put aside for you.” Nana was overjoyed but Kaydence gasped at the amount payed for the place.

The bakery had been run down and hardly worth two hundred pounds let alone two hundred thousand. Kaydence felt her heart stop in her throat.

“Are they treating you well Nana?” Kaydence worried so much over the last of her family.

“Of course my dear. Of course. Aries promised he’d bring you for a visit one of these days.” Nana didn’t seem to have a care in the world, and if nothing else came from this visit, she found Aries and Nana was finally going to be okay.

“I would love to visit-” Kaydence was cut off by a knock on her door, realizing it was nearly time to go she went back to the phone.

“I have to go now Nana, but I will speak with you soon. I love you.” Kaydence smiled into the wonderful thing that made her feel so close to her Nana even though she was still far away.

“I love you too Kaydy. God speed.”

Kaydence rushed to the door to find Aries standing there smirking at her.

“Is it time to leave already?” Kaydence checked the clock and from the looks of it she still had about ten more minutes.

“We have a bit of time, I wanted to make sure Lessa took care of you and I was curious to whether your grandmother had called yet- I gave her your number.” Aries walked in the room as Kaydence shut the door and leaped onto Aries.

Just as they were children she had always found herself leaping onto Aries, giving him hugs. He’d always been there when she needed someone- well up until he left but what he did for her and her grandmother was more than a hug could show for gratitude.

“I should hit you for your foolishness, two hundred thousand pounds.....you’re insane.” Kaydence giggled while gripping onto him even tighter.

He was so large she had a hard time wrapping her arms around him fully. How he had grown so much over the years was still shocking to her. He gripped her harder and pulled back before smiling at her.

“I’m not insane, just trying to make amends. I’m glad you are happy, if you would like to thank me you could always give me a little kiss.” Aries teased.

Kaydence liked his smile, he seemed like the same playful Air that she used to know. She knew he was teasing but a kiss seemed reasonable, especially seeing as he spent two hundred thousand pounds for her and her grandmother. She grabbed onto his shoulders and leaned in for a kiss. Aries seemed a little thrown off but stood still as Kaydence pressed her lips against his. She was shocked when he opened his mouth and urged his tongue into her mouth, now it was her turn to be a little thrown off but she decided she was going to have to do much more than kiss if she was going to make it through this. Their mouths lingered, gently pushing up against the others as their tongues meshed together. Kaydence thought this was odd but not entirely awful. Aries had been pretty good at this kissing thing, but who had she to compare him to?

When Aries pulled away, a strange look consumed his face. “Was that your first kiss?” He asked as he watched her, with no real expression on his face.

Kaydence had now felt embarrassed, how could he know. “I suppose it was.”

Shame filled her expression, to be her age and completely untouched well it was her disadvantage in this situation but her family had been following the same tradition, save yourself for marriage. Only Kaydence had never shown interest in the men around her so marriage never held any appeal to her.

“Are you- you’re pure, completely untouched?” Aries looked more worried than anything else.

Kaydence refused to answer him, feeling stupid she needed to get of here and quickly. There were still a few things she needed to figure out, like coming off as experienced as the rest of the women here. Maybe she could talk to Gemma or Lydia later on, hopefully if they were still here.

“It’s time to go.” Kaydence smiled briefly before brushing past Aries down the corridor.

Seeing Lydia and Gemma waiting for her made her smile in relief.

“I tried to visit but the door was locked.” Kaydence looked towards Lydia.

“Apparently we’re not suppose to mingle with the competition.” Lydia giggled with a lack of seriousness.

They both looked elegant, Gemma with her ruby red gown that flowed to her ankles but had a slit up to her knee. She looked lovely the way her hair flowed down. When she glanced over at Lydia, she was blown away at her midnight blue dress that felt to her kness and wrapped around her torso, showing off her beautiful curves. The way her hair was braided and then fell down her back, made Kaydence a little unsure of herself. When the girls looked at Kaydence, Gemma’s eyes popped out a little and Lydia smiled before looping arms with the two girls as they all walked towards the lobby together.

“”You look breath taking Kay.” Lydia whispered to Kaydence.

“Clearly you have not looked in the mirror.” Kaydence giggled.

“I feel like a pampered princess, only the whole removing body hair was a bit unpleasant.” Gemma added.

Kaydence giggled. “ I cursed.”

Lydia and Gemma looked at each other then at her. “ Did you upset Aries?”

“He had to step out, Nickolas took over.” Kaydence wanted to take the words back but it was too late. She felt herself sicken at thought of Nickolas leaving her in that room with that horrible look on his face.

The girls jaws dropped. “What exactly did he take over?” Gemma giggled, making Kaydence blush.

“Shhhh....” Kaydence noticed they were now in the lobby surrounded by all the other girls, this was certainly not the time for speaking of all that.

“Alright ladies, let’s head down into the Main Hall.” Argon’s voice echoed as all the girls, some nervously and others confidently strode into the hall.