Chapter 3

Loki

I was turned from my thoughts to the sound of sirens and red lights flashing in my eyes. The red lights mounted on the walls outside my enclosure were spinning and shining brightly with wailing alarms to match. Guess they found out she is gone. Dani shifted uncomfortably in her sleep and turned over in my arms. I nudged her lightly and pushed the free strands of hair out of her face.

"You must get up now dear, we're about to get company." I said to her. She groaned and propped herself up on her arm.

"I'm not leaving." She said and rubbed her eyes.

"Never said you were." I retaliated and helped her and myself off of the floor.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Loki

"There's not many people who can sneak up on me." I smirked and turned around.

"Bet you figured I'd come." Natasha spoke.

"After," I said. "After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend. As a bomb, and I would cooperate." I smirked.

"Sending in the big guns as always." I said.

"Where's your girlfriend?" She asked.

"Beats me. You know, she was always the type to go off on her own as she pleases. I'm not her keeper." I lied smiling.

"Is she hear? One of your little magic tricks again? Come out come out wherever you are." She clapped.

"Why are you here?" I snapped.

"I wanna know what you've done to Agent Barton." She said calmly.

"I'd say I've expanded his mind." I answered.

"Once you've won," She took a step forward. "Once you're king of the mountain, what happens to his mind?" She asked and folded her arms.

"Ooo, is this love Agent Romanoff?" I teased.

"Love is for children, I owe him a debt." She snapped. I stepped back a few feet.

"Tell me," I turned around, pretending to indulge her.

"Before I worked for S.H.I.E.L.D, I uh.." She sat down. "Well, I made a name for myself. I have a very specific skill set. I didn't care who I used it for, or on.  I got on S.H.I.E.L.D's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me. He made a different call." I looked down to see Dani looking very intrigued by her story. I pitied her fascination.

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?" I falsely asked. She raised her brow.

"Not let you out." She said. I smirked.

"Ah no but I like this. Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man." I said.

"Regimes fall every day." She said. "I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian. Or, I was." She corrected herself.

"And what are you now?" I asked. She stood up.

"It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." She folded her arms again.