Chapter 15

Dani

The whole ride down to my floor I bobbed my knee up and down anxiously and bit the inside of my cheek. What did Tony do?? The elevator stopped and the doors slid open and I walked into the dark quiet apartment. I snapped on every light switch at the panel next to the coat closet, and the only sound I heard as I walked to my room was my heart pounding in my chest.

The glass sliding doors to my room slid open and I jogged into my closet. I neatly placed the heels back on the shelf where I got them and I heard my zipper fall, then the dress fell around my ankles. I picked it up and hung it back on the rack. My feet were sore from the heels as I hopped over to my bed to pick up the gray sweatshirt I had left there before.

My hair loosened to its natural waves and I pulled the sweatshirt down over my head, and popped my head through. I then walked over to my bureau and filed through some drawers until I came upon some comfy looking dark gray cloth shorts, and shimmied into them. I quickly went into the bathroom to scrub off my make up, pulled on some ankle socks, and grabbed the two knives I brought to the party and tucked them into my nightstand with the others.

Again I darted across the carpet to the elevator and the doors closed in front of me. Once I reached Bruce's lab, I walked in to see everyone crowded around a orange hologram. Thor strode past me and grabbed Tony by the throat, lifting him into the air.

"How many reasons are you going to give me to hate you." I said and walked towards him. Steve put his arm out in front of me and I stopped walking.

"Use your words buddy." Tony wheezed.

"I have more than enough words to describe you Stark."Thor said angrily.

"Thor! The legionnaire." Steve said, causing Thor to drop Tony.

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out from here but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." He said.

"The genie's out of that bottle, clear and present as ultron." Natasha added.

"I don't understand." The doctor said. "You built this program, why is it trying to kill us?" She asked.
Tony started to laugh.

"You think this is funny?" Thor asked him.

"No, it's probably not, right? This is very terrible? Is it, is it so terrible? It is, it's so terrible." Tony said trying not to laugh. I frowned at him.

"This all could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor accused.

"No! I'm, I'm sorry. It is funny, it's a hoot. You don't get why we need this." Tony spat.

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time to-" Bruce began.

"Really? That's it. You just roll over, show your belly. Every time somebody snarls." Tony said to him.

"Only when we've created a murder bot." Bruce reasoned.

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" Tony asked him.

"Well you did something right. And you did it right here. The avengers were supposed to be different from S.H.I.E.L.D." Steve butted in.