Chapter 13

Loki

Dani was sleeping soundly, and invisible might I add, on the sofa next to me. I flipped pages of the book my mother had brought me as I heard footsteps approach my cell. I looked up to see a guard staring at me, his face full of sorrow. He told me news of my mother's death, her murder. I nodded him off and stared blankly down at the white floors under my feet. I stood, and flicked my wrists, sending every piece of furniture in the cell, besides the sofa, flying backwards. Dani did not stir in her slumber.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dani

I awoke to a hand gently shaking my shoulder, and I opened my eyes to look into the ones I love.

"Wake now, for we'll be having guests soon." Loki spoke softly to me, and I sat up in the sofa, and saw scorch marks riddle the floors, and furniture was overturned and broken.

"Guests?" I said and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, ignoring the mess.

"Oh yes, and I'd love for us to give them a good show for when they arrive." He said and grinned.

"Thor?" I asked and Loki sat next to me on the couch. He nodded and again pulled me on top of him, instantly connecting his lips to mine. Such a wonderful wake up call, I thought to myself and moved my lips against his.

"Loki? What is this?" Thor's voice boomed from outside the cell. Both of us turned our heads towards Thor, who was angrily staring at me.

"You're kind of interrupting something here." Loki said to Thor.

"How did you get here?!" He shouted to me.

"I...hitched a ride." I said smirking and stood off Loki, who walked over to the barrier.

"Loki I must return her to Midgard immediately-"

"If you even try to come near me, I will slit my throat so fast you won't even have time to lift that pretty little hammer of yours." I stated and unsheathed my knife from my thigh, and held it to my throat. Loki stared at me in bewilderment. Thor watched me.

"Put it down." He said.

"I have every resource in the palm of my hand to kill myself so even if you so dare as to try to take this knife from my hand, I will be dead and the blood will be on your hands." I boomed and continued to hold up the knife.

"I do not agree with taking a child-"

"I AM NOT A CHILD." I seethed.

"Taking a girl to the dark realms to defeat one of Asgard's most dangerous enemy." He finished.

"I can handle myself." I said, still holding my knife. He stared at me for a good part of a minute.

"Alright." He said and bowed his head. I sheathed my knife and Loki spoke.

"After all this time, now you come to visit me brother? Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock" He asked angrily.

"Did she suffer?" Loki asked. What?

"I did not come here to share our grief. Instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament." He said suspiciously.