The arguement

( I'm skipping. A head as I feel it would make the story more interesting as they are older and can say and do much more 😉)
Jackson, Lolly and Maddie were now 8, 6 and 4 years old and unaware that their happy family was crumbling around them until one night when their mother came home.

Wanda quietly put her key in the door expecting the kids and Scott to be in bed so she carefully opened the door and closed it behind her. Wanda took off her shoes and left them at the door and walked into the lounge to see the television was on but all the lights were off she started for the kitchen

"I'm surprised you remembered where you live"Scott said making Her jump out of her skin.

"Scott, what are you doing sitting in the dark?"

"I thought we would have a nice family night you know put a movie on just us and the kids but instead I come home to your mother babysitting the kids because you were at that damn place again on your day off no less"

"I'm sorry but I received a last minute call and they had no one else who was available"

"Damn it Wanda, I think you have to decided what is more important us or work oh no wait I think I can guess" Scott got up and started clearing the plates from the table "You know what Maddie said to me as I was putting her to bed yet again?" She shook her head as she followed Scott into the kitchen "She said mommy does love me doesn't she?" Wanda put a hand over her mouth in shock "of course I said Mommy loves you she just has to work that's all,What makes you think she doesn't?, that's Maddie our 4 year old if you had forgotten said "I don't think she likes me because she doesn't like spending time with us anymore"

"Oh my ... I... I had no idea," Wanda said as she wiped tears away

"If you were home more often it wouldn't happen to be honest Wanda I did not sign up to be a single parent we were in this together" Scott stopped doing the dishes and turned to face her "I have the same job as well and I think its unhealthy for our kids to be spending more time with your mother than their own"

"You're not a single parent it's not like I'm never home, We just have a demanding job and I thought you understood I don't see why this is all my fault I mean you do the same hours as I do" Wanda was getting slightly pissed.

"Yes but still I manage to make it home in time for my son and daughter's birthday" Scott couldn't help but shout at Wanda he was just so pissed

"You know how bad I feel about that and I don't see why you have to keep bringing it up I know I'm not the best mother but I do love my kids more than anything and I love you" Wanda returned the shouting as she was sick of being the bad guy. Wanda walked over to the cupboard and got a wine glass and filled it a bit more than half way

Taking a deep breath "so what do you want to do?"

She looked at him confused "about what?"

"Everything, your job us it's been years since the birthdays-"

"Don't even say it" Wanda warned taking a sip of wine

"And since that day you have been working more than ever"

"I'm the best they need someone who is available most of the time "

"that's my point Wanda you're not! you belong here with your family I have turned down things so we could stay here for our jobs I have had to cut back on my hours as you know and I'm sick of it I don't think I can take it anymore"