Jacksons second birthday

(Little boy in the photo is Jackson)
It had been a year and a half and they were all settled in, Jacksons room was painted blue and decorated, pictures were hung it felt like home and what a better way to celebrate it with Jackson second birthday, which was in a few weeks time. Wanda had gone back to work a few months ago which didn't leave them both much time to plan Their sons  birthday party so they invited close friends and family and friends from day care.

The weeks went by fast both Wanda and Scott working and Stephanie looked after her grandson whilst Wanda and Scott worked not hat she didn't love seeing her grandson but she knew little Jackson needed to spend time with his parents, Jacksons birthday also came round fast and today was the big day.

Wanda was at the Litchfield doing the strip searches before inmates were allowed into the visiting room, glancing at the clock hoping she would be home in time for Jacksons second birthday.

mean while at Home Scott and Stephanie were preparing for the birthday party whilst Jackson played with his toys but, still in view of his father and grandmother as they decorated the lounge with balloons, nibbles and a banner with "Happy Second Birthday Jackson".

"left side needs to go up a bit" Stephaine said standing back in the room with her hand on her hips whilst Scott balanced on the lader adjusting the banner.

"No that's to much Scott, right side needs to go up now" He lifted the right hand side "That's it" she called out.

He got off the ladder and walked over to Stephanie glancing at the banner that was perfectly straight.

"Good work" He said giving His mother in law a high five.

He took Jackson up stairs and gave him a bath so, he was clean and ready for his birthday party which was in an hour.

soon enough the party started and friends and family arrived but, still no sign of Wanda.

He walked round the house looking for His wife  just in case he missed her arrive but, there still was no sign of her and this made Him angry but, also worried about his wife.Scott walked over to Stephanie "Where the hell is Wanda? she's getting the damn cake" he whispered to his mother in law whilst he glanced at his watch.

"I am sure she's on her way, calm down everything is going to plan" He  looked over at the party feeling pleased and she  was right everything was going to plan and everyone was having a good time.

Scott looked over at his son who was sitting on the floor crossed legged looking up in amazement at the clown they had hired for the party. He couldn't help but smile as he watched his son laugh and smile with his friends.

Wanda left work already running behind and headed to the bakery but, today was not Her lucky day because as soon as she walked into the bakery there was a large queue. She sighed and joined the queue glancing at her watch panicking.

10 minutes later Wanda reached the counter and asked for the cake they had asked the company to make for Jacksons  party. Once she got the cake she drove home finally pulling into the drive way locking the car and rushed into the house.

She put the cake down on the side and looked in the lounge where the kids were watching the clown make balloon animals. Wanda spotted Jackson in the middle, she walked over and bent down Chase giving him a quick kiss "Momma" the little boy said brightly.

She got up and glanced round at the people that had come she smiled and thanked a few people before she spotted a rather fuming Scott glaring at her. Wanda  rolled her eyes, grabbed the cake and walked into the kitchen.

"where the hell have you been?" Scott demanded.

"Scott for god sake keep it down people will hear you" She whispered.

"I don't care, I bet you were at that bloody prison weren't you?" Wanda sighed.

"yes, I was. I can't help it we need the money to pay for this bloody house and you knew that when you met me and I am working all the hours I can to pay for things" She said opening the cake box and taking the super hero cake out placing it on kitchen counter.

"I know we have this house to pay for or so you keep reminding me, I thought you wanted to be at home to celebrate Our sons second birthday as a family but, obviously not" He  put the 2 candles on the cake.

"Oh come on Scott that's not fair" She  lit the candles on the cake.

soon enough it was time for the cake, Wanda walked into the lounge turning the lights off and making sure the kids were at the table ready. Scott walked in holding the cake with everyone singing happy birthday to Jackson.

Scott placed the cake on the table in front of The birthday boy  "Make a wish buddy" He  said to his son. She stood on the other side of Jackson. Wanda placed her hand on the back of Jacksons chair and minutes later Scott  placed his hand on the chair so his hand was on top of Wanda's . He turned to look where his hand was only to realize it was on top of Wanda's . He glanced at his wife who looked at him and Scott took this second to mouth to Abby "sorry, love you" Wanda smiled "Love you" She mouthed back.

"Play" Jackson asked looking up at his parents who snapped back into reality.

"yes sweetie you can go and play now" Wanda said smiling at her son.