Chapter 22

First, I want to say, thank you for the 300 votes and 1.6k reads. It might not seem like alot, but It means alot to ME. I always get really happy, even with one vote or positive comment, so thanks.

Sophie's POV

"Oh sorry," I heard a boy say. I guess we bumped into each other.

I lifted my chin up, "Oh. My. God." Was it really him?

"Johnson?" the boy questioned.

I smirked, "Alex, It's Grande now."

Alex replied, "So you must have been adopted then."

"Yeah."

"By who?"

"Ariana Grande."

"Woah! Your jokin', right? Tell me your joking!"

"Nope," I replied.

"Oh my god, your so lucky to have been adopted by your idol!"

He pulled me into a bear hug. He started putting his hands up my back, under my shirt. He rested his head on my shoulder.

God. What is this boy doing?

Wait. No he can't be...

Alex's POV

I put my hands up her back, under her shirt.

I was looking.

I was seeing if they were still there.

I felt something.

A cut.

I slowly wedged my fingernail into the cut. I felt her tense up and wince.

I pulled away, with tears forming in my eyes.

"You got adopted, by your idol! And your still cutting," I said sadly.

Tears formed in her eyes, "I just.."

I interrupted, "Does Ariana know? Does anyone know?!"

She stopped, as if thinking if she should lie to me or not, "No."

I pulled her into a hug again, "Oh Sophie," I murmured.

Sophie was my neighbor. Her parents abused her, she got bullied, she became Anorexic and started to cut. She has anxiety and depression.

I was her only friend, the only person that supported her. I'm sure there are others now.

Her parents were alcoholics who didn't know that she cut. One day, her dad walked in on her cutting, completely drunk and with a belt in his hand, going to whip her.

She told me he yelled at her, "YOU BITCH! YOUR SO MESSED UP!"

She told me he whipped her multiple times, shoved her in their ratchet, broken down car, and continued yelling at her, until they arrived at the adoption center. He simply threw Sophia out of the car, rang the doorbell to the adoption center, and left. Sophie got taken in.

As her best friend, she memorized my number. She called me once she got to the adoption center. I insisted on telling the police, but she refused, saying her parents would be out to get her. My number changed since then, so we haven't been in contact.

She's had a rough life. She never used to cut her wrists - She was afraid if people saw it. She always used to cut random places.

I heard the sound of someone taking a picture. I turned around to see a girl taking a picture of Sophie and I hugging.