Chapter 8

Sophie's POV

After Science with Isabel and PE with the whole grade, we went to lunch. At lunch I got a taco since it is Tuesday. I sat down next to Matt and Isabel. Luke was sitting next to Matt.

It was all perfect, until Claire and Monica came over. Monica whispered something in Claire's ear.

"Can I sit here," Claire said, pointing inbetween Matt and I.

"Umm," I said. She looked so sweet so I gave in and let her sit there. Obviously Monica sat right next to Claire and Matt.

"So Matt, do you want to go to starbucks later today?" Monica asked.

He obviously didn't want to go, "Umm, acually I, oh I have to do a project for English."

"Really! Who is your partner?" Monica asked.

"Umm... Sophie."

"Oh," Monica said. She turned to me and glared. Everyone could see except for Matt.

"Well how about tomorrow?" Monica said.

"Umm," Matt said, obviously not wanting to go.

Luke interuppted, "He's going to my house."

"Yeah I am," Matt said.

"Well how about Thu.." Monica said.

I inturrepted, "We.. umm.. need to go now." I grabbed Matt and Isabel's hands and dragged us out. Luke followed.

"Oh my freaking god that girl won't leave me alone!" Matt exclaimed.

"No problem," I said, acting annoyed that he hadn't thanked me (jokingly)

"We can all eat in the library," Isabel said.

"Cool," I said.

We walked down the hall and took a left at the library.

"Umm... Guys don't look now," Isabel said.

"Yeah diva alert!" Luke squeaked in his girl voice. We all laughed.

"What are we laughing about?" Monica asked in her high pitched, stupid voice.

"Oh nothing," Luke said.

"Is it okay if we join you?" Monica asked.

"We were just going actually," Isabel said trying to get us away from them.

"Oh really? Where?" Monica questioned.

"Umm Well.." I said.

"We we were going to Umm," Luke interruped. Luckily the bell rang just in time.

"Class!" I said.

"Okay Matt," Monica said. "I'll walk with you."

"Umm actually Sophie," he said pulling me near him, "and I need to go to the principals office now."

"Bye," I said waving.

Matt pulled me all the way to the principals office.

"Oh my god thanks Sophia!" Matt said.

I laughed, "You must hate them alot."

"Yes, I do," he said.

"Okay now let's get to class," I laughed.

"Art is upstairs," Matt said.

We walked upstairs and went to Art and all our other classes.

At the end of school I texted Ari.

To: Ari💕

Hey Ari. Going to Starbucks 4 a project. Me and my friend are gonna walk and I'll walk home. 

"Okay Matt let's go," I said.

"Sure. Coming," he said.

While we were walking, Matt and I asked each other questions.

"So what's your favorite color?" Matt asked.

I laughed, "I think we will have to dig a little bit deeper than that. And black. What's your favorite place in the world?"

"Probably here in LA," he said. "You see I moved here two years ago when my family one a pretty big lottery. We didn't live in Inglewood, but we lived in Kansas. We were pretty poor so I'm really grateful that we won the money."

"Wow," I said. "Mine would be LA too. I was in LA before, but I was in the orphanage. I love living with Ari now and having friends and stuff."

"I guess we both loved pretty rough," Matt said.

I laughed, "yeah."

I heard a scream, "OH MY GOD IT'S SOPHIAEGRANDE! I LOVE YOUR SISTER!"

"Of course," I muttered.

"Hi!" I greeted her. "Umm I need to go, but if you give me your twitter, then I can tell my sister to follow you and I will."

"OMG YES!" she yelled. "It's @Connie_T"

I quickly followed her and dragged Matt away.

"Do you not like fans?" He asked.

"I love them, it's just that I don't really want people bombarding me right now. And plus they only like me 'cause of Ariana," I said.

"Oh."

"I'm gonna get a drink," I said as we arrived at Starbucks.

"Yeah me too," I said.

When we went up to the counter to order I said,"I'll have a Mocha Frappachino."

"Size?" The waiter asked.

"Grande," I replied.

Matt laughed," You're last name."

"And my first name is Sophie," I said to the waiter. I let Matt take his order and we sat down.

"Soo," he said.

"Well this is awkward," I said.

"Yeah. It was alot better when we were walking," he said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Can I walk you home and we can talk?" Matt asked.

"Sure," I agreed.

We sipped our Starbucks while talking about ourselves. I told him something I didn't tell Ari yet, but I was planning on it.

I told him all about my Anxiety Attacks.

When we finally reached my house, Matt dropped me off and he gave me his number.

To: Matt👤
hey it's Sophie

I tweeted 'Back Home' and I turned off my phone before Matt could reply to my text.

I think I'm gonna stop updating for today ;)

Shout out to misty2192002 for always commenting and voting!

Read her two stories, one is a Harry Potter fanfic and the other is an Adopted By Ariana Grande fanfic!