Elfir

As dawn broke Edendir woke up. The first thing that registered in his brain was the scent of chocolate. The second was that there was someone warm in his arms and that person was asleep.

The elf yawned and smiled. Ryan turned slightly in his arms and mumbled in his sleep, beginning to wake up. 

"Good morning," Edendir said softly. Ryan opened one eye and smiled, closing it again and nestling closer to the elf.

"You need to wake up," Edendir said in the same tone.

"Why?" Ryan asked, reluctantly raising his head and opened his eyes properly. The green irises were foggy with sleep and Edendir knew that the colour would sharpen as Ryan woke up more. 

"Because today is the day we go to Elfir."

"Don't wanna go," Ryan groaned, closing his eyes again. 

"Do you want to face a hungover Dodger?" 

"No."

"Then get up."

"You're warm and it's too early," Ryan said. 

"Dodger gets up early and getting to Elfir may take a while." Edendir began to slide out of bed but Ryan muttered something and sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes.

"I expect food and tea," he said, stifling a yawn. Edendir nodded and teleported downstairs, clicking on the kettle and searching for food. A cough told him that there was someone else in the room.

"Why are you up early?" Kristoffer asked suspiciously. "And why does Dodger's room stink of beer?"

"Who let you in?" Edendir retorted.

"I snuck in after Dodger yesterday and sped up time for myself," Kristoffer shrugged. 

"Oh, okay." Edendir went back to watching the kettle boil and then turned back to his friend. "Kris, do you want to go back to Elfir?"

"No."

"We're dethroning Eldon and making a government," Edendir said.

"I'm in," Kristoffer grinned. "Can I be part of the government?"

"Sure. If you introduce yourself to the others, that is. They don't actually know you yet, do they?" 

"I've already been to Dylan's," Kristoffer said. "Boyd seems to live there but at least they both met me."

"Ryan doesn't know you. He called you a guy in a hood," Edendir remembered. 

"Tea. Food," Ryan said, walking into the kitchen like a zombie. He looked across at Kristoffer and frowned. "Hood man."

"I do wear other things, you realise," Kristoffer scowled. 

"Of course you do," Edendir muttered. "That's why you're wearing a hooded cape now." Kristoffer had his usual brown cape over jeans and a black shirt. He rolled his eyes at Edendir's comment and then held out a hand to Ryan.

"Kristoffer," he said. Ryan shook his hand and then snapped his fingers in realisation.

"The one that fell in the ditch," he exclaimed. Edendir started laughing whilst Kristoffer looked confused.

"The time warper," Kristoffer tried. 

"The time warper that fell in the ditch." Ryan was very persistent. 

"Edendir, what have you been saying?" Kristoffer said in alarm. The elf just laughed and held out a mug of tea to each boy. Ryan took his and immediately sank down into a chair happily. Kristoffer stared at Edendir for a few more seconds, eyes narrowed.