Ice Skating

Edendir woke up the next day as a happy elf. He had 250,000 English pounds in his bank account and he had also confessed something that had been on his chest for a long time. 

Edendir wandered over to the window and poked his head out between the curtains. Immediately cameras flashed and he ducked back behind them, eyes wide in alarm. 

"Why are people taking photos of me?" he asked to the already awake Ryan.

"Because you won and now you're famous," he replied calmly, nursing a cup of hot tea in his hands. 

"Famous? For being magic?"

"For winning, mostly, but for being magic too."

"I don't want to be famous." 

Ryan laughed. "Then why did you enter?"

"I don't know. I was made to."

"Never give in to peer pressure," Ryan said wisely, taking a sip of his tea. 

Edendir muttered something incomprehensible and looked back out of the window again. People crowded the streets below, cameras and phone pointing towards his window.

"How did they know that this room was my room?" the elf said, moving his head.

"People find things out," Ryan explained. "I have no idea how but it's probably something to do with social media."

"Oh okay." Edendir sat down on the side of the bed. "How am I going to get outside?"

"You can teleport, remember?" 

"What about checking out?"

"You can do that digitally or call someone to do it for you," Ryan said. At Edendir's still afraid look he laughed. "Everything will be fine, trust me. You'll get offered to do a load of shows being magic, you'll be in interviews, you'll have an internet page dedicated to you and you'll have hundreds of fans."

"But won't people find out every aspect of my life? I don't want that," Edendir said, raking his hands through his hair anxiously. 

"You can keep your personal life secret but it is hard," Ryan said. "And after yesterday people will be coming up with all kinds of weird conspiracies. By the way, you might want to actually say what your sexuality is or people are going to keep on interrogating you."

"Well what are you?" 

"Point blank fabulous," Ryan said, tossing his fluffy hair, still slightly damp from an early-morning shower. He laughed again. "As well as that I'm gay."

"Meaning...?"

"Attracted to people of the same gender. Namely, men."

"Okay." Edendir furrowed his brow and thought for a while longer. His back was beginning to ache from his hunched over position so he lay down on the bed, tracing patterns on the duvet with his fingers. 

"I did do a bit of research," Edendir admitted after a while. "Dylan and Boyd inspired me to go looking online at what other terms there were."

"And what have you confirmed yourself to be?" Ryan asked. Edendir turned his head to the left slightly to look up at Ryan.

"Do you know what demisexual means?" 

"Not really, no."

"The definition of demisexual is 'a person who does not experience sexual attraction unless they form a strong emotional connection with someone.'" Edendir had memorised it. 

"So you're saying you're demisexual?" Ryan prompted.

"I... I think so, yeah." He tugged at a strand of hair thoughtfully. "I did a little more research into it and it fits me."