Chapter 21- Can you find me?

Katie has been gone three weeks now.

That's how long we've been searching and still nothing. The girl has a talent for disappearing without a trace. We've been turning over every stone, knocked on all possible doors but I'm not giving up hope. I know shes still alive or I would have felt it already.

I just don't know where else to look.

" I really don't know what to tell you, Liam," Noah said from across my office as I sat at my desk with my head in my hands.

" Then don't say anything at all. We've looked everywhere we could," I said.

" But don't give up hope. You still havent tried that vampire family down south," Noah reassured.

" Maybe they ate her," Soyer said, and he had the nerve to smile at me.

Note to self, bury Soyer.

" Maybe you should call now," Noah suggested.

" Fine," I said and picked up the place.

****
Katie's POV

It was late afternoon as Eli, Lilac and I were relaxing while playing ball on the living room floor. Eli and I had decided to take a break after another day of training. Lilac giggled with joy as she rolled if to Eli.

" So I was thinking," Eli began. " Tomorrow we could work on your speed a little more and-"

The phone ringing interrupted him.

" Could you get that?. I think Lilac might ready for her nap now," he said just as she let out a little yawn.

" Sure," I said crawling over to the phone which was perched on a small table. I answered it. " Hello?"

No answer.

" Hello?," I tried again and the line went dead.

Strange...

" Who was it?," Eli asked, coming back into the room.

" No one answered when I said hello"

" Probably some prankster"

" Maybe"

But something was nawwing at my insides that it wasnt just a prankster.

****
Liam's POV

I pressed call on the phone and placed it on speaker so Noah and Soyer could listen in. It rang until someone picked up.

" Hello?," someone answered. I froze, my eyes darted up to met Noah and Soyer's surprised expressions.

It was her. I was her voice.

Katie.

" Hello?," she asked again and I ended the call.

" Wow..," was all Noah could muster up.

" Must have gotten pretty close to be answering phones," Soyer added.

I ignored him and jumped out of my seat.

" What do we do now?," Noah asked.

" Get the trackers and meet me at the border in five," I ordered.

" Okay," he said and left.

" Wait!," I called back after him. His head peeked around the corner.

"Yes?"

"Bring the dog, we're going to need him"

************************************************
Author's Note:

Dont hate me please..

I promised to update at least twice a week but summer got the best of me. Just trying to enjoy it.

Do you like where the story is going?

Tell me if you do or dont!

Vote!!

Comment!!

-booksmiler