Chapter 19- Lost But Not Found

Liam's POV

That morning, I walked into a quiet kitchen, the way it always was when I was around. A few murmurs and whispers could be heard and sure enough, they were about me.

A female wolf placed a plate of breakfast in front of me and I grabbed her hand before she walked away. She turned around, eyes wide in fright.

"Go get Katie from her room for breakfast," I ordered. She nodded once and left.

About five minutes later she returned but Katie didnt follow.

"Where's Katie?," I asked.

"She's not in her room"

"What?," I growled, pushing past her. I stomped my way up the stairs to Katie's room.

The door was ajar, probably from when the female wolf came to look for her.I pushed the door open and sure enough, the room was empty. I couldnt sense her anywhere close and her trademark honey scent hung faintly in the air. It was then did I notice the balcony door open and rushed over. The cool morning breeze hit my face when I stepped outside. She wasnt there either.

She's gone. She ran away.

A loud growl escaped my lips and I forcefully kicked the small table on the balcony. It hit the side railing and the glass shattered.

How dear she run away from me?

Does she know who I am?

Then again, she doesn't...and I dont know her that well either.

Technically, we dont know that much about each other, other than the basic like "what's your favourite colour?". She had told me about her mother's death...but what about her father?.

Where was he?

My mind clicked back to when she mentioned not seeing Ethan in a very long time though they were from the same pack.

How could that be and they didnt see each other?

Why did her father move them away from the pack?

How could I be so clueless? How could I not see the secrets she was keeping from me?

Maybe I had been too hard on her, too aggressive. Maybe slamming her against the car was too much. But my wolf was so on edge, I couldnt stop myself.

I had to find her. To know what she was hiding from me.

And for my sake.

Because I love her.

*_*

" What have you got so far?," I asked Noah.

"We traced her scent up North. She crossed our border and entered into the Riverdale Pack's. We got permission from their Alpha to search on their lands but the scent died soon after. Riverdale Patrol says by the time they realised she was on their land, and tried to get to her, she disappeared," he explained.

" So she just vanished?," I half yelled.

" Let me finish," he said. " As I was saying, our border control caught scent again. She seemed to be heading South"

Soyer, my third in command, snorted. " What is she, a bird?"

" Thats my mate your talking about," I snarled and threw a book at him which he caught.

"At least I know how to treat my mate," he snapped back.

" Im not in the mood for your games, Soyer," I said. " So why dont you go fuck your mate or something"

He stood up out of his seat, a scowl forming on his face. " Maybe I will. At least I can. Because we all know Katie wont spread her legs for you after this"

He was testing my limits.

"Soyer," Noah warned.

" No!," he shouted. "He treated her like shit. Fuck, if I was her I would have left too!"

" Look you little soya bean bitch, either you leave my office now or I rip your throat out," I growled menacingly. Soyer gave me a parting glare before he left.

Deep down, even though I would never admit it out loud, he was right.

She left because of me.

And when I find, if I find her, its gonna take more than an "I'm sorry" to gain her trust back.

************************************************
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey there. I know..its been sooo looonnnggg.

But I'm in the middle of my exams now and its pretty diffucult for me to write.

Another update probably wont be coming until the next week and a half.

Until then, I love you all.

- booksmiler

P.S : What do think/ want to happen next?