Chapter 16- All Good Times Must End

“ You don't plan on wearing that to the beach do you?," Beth asked from her spot on my bed.

My first week of school was fantastic and as planned, Beth had showed up to help me get ready for our trip to the beach. She had arrived already dressed and large tote bag in hand.

“ What's wrong with my jeans?," I asked.

” That's the point!. You don't wear jeans to the beach!," she raised her arms above her head.

She rose from her place on my bed and walked over to my dresser and began to rifle through the drawers. A moment later, she handled me a pair of shorts and a tank top.

“ Isn't this a little too revealing?," I asked her.

” Of course not. Its the beach"

Sighing, I went back into the bathroom and swapped the articles of clothing over my bathing suit, before walking back out.

” Ready?," Beth asked.

” I think so"

****

I stared wide-eyed and the beautiful scenery in front of me.

The sea breeze that blew against my face brought back pleasant memories of my childhood. I smiled as I saw a little kid building a sand castle not too far from where I stood.

Tearing my eyes away from the kid, J scanned my surroundings again, frowning slightly in confusion when I noticed many kids from school here.

“ How come so many kids from school are here?," I asked Tessa when she walked up beside me.

She adjusted her sun hat. “ There's gonna be a party starting later. Come on, the guys are waiting for us"

I merely nodded and followed her and Beth. A few minutes later, I spotted Adam and Ian up ahead, lounging on one of those long beach chairs. Adam smiled when he saw us approaching but In seemed too engrossed with squezzing a bottle of sunscreen to notice us coming.

“ Hey," Beth said when we reached them.

” Hey girls," Adam replied.

“ Hi," Ian grumbled, still fumbling with the sunscreen bottle.

“ Whats up your ass?," Tessa asked.

“ The stupid sunscreen wont-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the sunscreen squirted all over his face. The others bursted out laughing while I tired to contain my own laughter.

” Here," I offered him my towel.

“ Thank you, Katie"

” I'm gonna go get a drink from the bar. What to come Katie!," Adam spoke up.

” Um, sure," I answered.

I walked beside Adam as he led the way to where the drinks were located.

” Do you like the beach?," Adam asked all of a sudden.

” Yeah, I do. I loved going as a kid," I replied truthfully. Adam nodded.

” Can you swim"

“ No"

He laughed

” Its not funny," I hit his shoulder.

“ Don't worry Katie, I won't let you drown," he smiled as we reached the bar.

By the time we had made it back to the others, they were already stripped and Beth was applying sunscreen to Ian's back.

“ You guys going in the water," Adam asked.

“ Yeah," Tessa replied. “ You coming, Katie?"

“ Okay," I shrugged.

And I did.

I had the best time ever. Though the water was slightly cold at first, I enjoyed the calming effect it had on me. After our swim, we engaged ourselves in a game of Frisbee. Well, more like In and Adam played Frisbee. Us girls sat on the sidelines and watched. Soon after that we had lunch.

Unfortunately the end of the day cane too quickly and the sun was about to set.

“ So," Adam began. ” Did you have fun today?"

We had strayed away from our little group of friends and taken a walk down the beach.

I smiled. “ I loved it"

” I'm glad you did"

Suddenly, Adam was in front of me, and I stared up at him curiously. In a split second his lips came crashing into mine and I froze. I was too shocked to do anything before he pulled away.

” Katie-," he began but he didn't get to continue before a deep growl interrupted him.

Liam.

*******************************************
Author's Note:

What do you guys think of the book so far?

Who's your favorite character?

Please comment.

- booksmiler