The Fragile Broken Mate

My life wasn't always like this.

There was a point in my life that I was happy.

Free.

Complete.

Loved.

She was the only person who understood me. She would carry me out into the field and stick a dozen or more flowers in my hair. She would make me my favourite meal when I was down; Mac and cheese. She would tuck me in at night, kissing me on the forehead and help chase away those monsters under my bed. She was the wind beneath my wings. My mom.

She died when I was four.

I missed her so much. I longed for the day that I would wake up and this would be one long big nightmare. But waiting for that day was like waiting for the eighth day of the week.

It never came.

This nightmare was real.

He wasn't like this either. He used to carry me out for ice cream and give me piggy back rides when I was sad. He would follow me and mom out to the field and help me catch butterflies. My dad used to be my hero. Never did I know that such a kind hearted man could turn so cruel and heartless.

As I sat in my room, or should I say cell, I couldn't help buy think about how I was deprived of a normal life. After my mom died, my dad went into a state of depression....and then anger. He took this anger out on me. At first it was just him neglecting me. Forgetting to feed me, bathe me and play with me. But then daddy's anger brought in some new rules. He made me recite these notes over and over again to get them in my head. If one of these rules were broken, it was extreme punishment.

Rule #8: No eating daddy's food.

Rule #7: No television.

Rule #6: Always stay in your room.

Rule #5: Always have daddy's meal ready.

Rule #4: No going outside.

Rule #3: No friends.

Rule #2: No school.

Rule #1: Always obey daddy.

Rule number one brought the harshest punishment. One time I forgot to tidy his room and I was left with a broken arm and nose. The rule I was most upset with was rule number two;no school. I loved school. I loved it when my mom would take me to preschool. I love to learn. But no, daddy thought it was a waste if time. The only things I learned were the things that I read in my mom's large book collection she left behind. I taught myself how to read and write. I was pretty proud of myself.

I watched as the moon lit up the night sky and a few small animals scurry by. I climbed into bed and became one with the darkness, dreaming about what life could if been like.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Author's Note:

So......Hey! I know the first one's short but....

I just started this book and I was hoping you would leave me comments on what you think.

Thank You.

-booksmiler