Chapter 30

Lauren's POV

In the morning, well, around 11 am, I woke up expecting to see Jack's smiling face, but instead I just saw pillows and sheets. I got up and headed into the hall to the kitchen. What is that smell it thought to myself. 

Once I got to the kitchen, I saw my handsome Jack preparing me breakfast, specifically waffles and eggs. I could tell he was truffling a but with the waffle maker, though. He's always close it with a loud clank.

"Good morning baby, I just decided to-" clank "-make you some waffles." He struggled a big more with the eggs, so I decided to come over and help him out. As I reached for the waffle maker, he whined.

"No babe, I can do this! You go sit down!"

"No way, Jack. You're going to burn the house down! Let me at least finish these waffles."

Before he had a chance to argue, I kissed his lips. After words, looking happy, he let me finish the waffles. Then we set the table and began to eat.

"Hey, Jack?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"Last night I had a dream..."

"Hmm is that what that was? Haha, I felt you toss and turn. What was it about?"

"Well, you see. We were getting married and-"

Then his choking on his coffee cut me off. He coughed a little bit then looked back up at me likely had something to tell me too.

"Actually Lauren, I have been meaning to ask you about that. Since you're having my baby, would you want to get married?"

"Are you serious?" I asked back

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be? I want to be with you forever!"

That's when tears started coming to my eyes. He got out of his seat and pulled me up into his arms, wiping my tears away with his hand then pulling me into his chest. God I loved how his arms felt around me. I finally stopped crying and looked up at him with my tear soaked eyes.

"Jack, I would want nothing more than for you to be my husband."

He leaned in and kissed my tear- stained lips. I really did want to marry him, I loved him more than anything, and at this moment I knew he felt the same.