Chapter 2

~Jacks Pov~

The second I got to school, I heard there will he a new girl starting at our school. I wasnt really bothered but Gilinsky seemed pumped. He's my best friend but he's a fuckboy and everyone knows it

"Dude! Im like going in for the kill the minute she steps in!" Gilinsky nudged me as we walked into the school together.

"Yeah of course you will G." I laughed. I didnt really think he's joking. You see ever since high school, Jack always gets the girl no matter what. When I dated this girl name Taylor, she cheated on me with Jack.

Now you probably think why would Jack do that. He didn't know I was with Taylor because I didn't really put it out there for everyone to see. Thats how I am.

I heard this new girl moved from Florida to Omaha, and she starts school tomorrow. I don't know how to feel about it though because she's my age exactly.

I was getting annoyed though. Everywhere around the school, people were talking about 'the new girl'. The more I heard about her, the more I wanted to see her.

I was about to tell Jack we should get to class...but then I saw her. The new girl.

And my heart stopped for a few seconds.

~Laurens Pov~

I wake up to alarm clock I turn over to the other side of my bed and turn it off

"Urg, great my first day at a new school, seeing stupid Nebraska people." I muttered to myself.

"Honey! Hurry up or you'll be late." My mom called from downstairs.

I groaned and rolled over off the bed and dragged myself to the shower. I took the longest shower ever, trying to wash away the bad mood i woke up with.

After the shower, i got out and headed back to my room to change into a super cute outfit. I added brown boots and an owl necklace to tie it together.(above)

I walked down to the kitchen to get a quick breakfast before school. My mom would drop me off today until i could get my drivers permit.

On the drive to my hellhole, my mom tried to make some conversation but I stared miserably out of the window.

We arrived at school, there were kids my age everywhere. A nervous knot erupted in my stomach, would i fit in here?

I got out of the car and waved my Mom goodbye. I walked alone to the school office to get my shedule. My mom had filled out all the necessary forms for my switching schools.

"Welcome to Norwood High." The friendly princal said. I smiled appreciatively but it wasn't trutful.

The principal showed me around the school before first period started. She showed me my locker and allowed me to put everything in it.

So far, everyone I saw...smile at me. They were very friendly. Even the kids who looked like they belonged in the popular crew.

"I hope you enjoy your time at this school Lauren." She smiled at me.

"Thanks." I smiled as the principal dashed back to her office.

I looked around once more, taking in the new school air, and said to myself, "I think I might actually like this school."

The bell rang for first period, I quickly grabbed my books that I needed. The school halls filled with more people, I felt slight nervous and shy.

I turned to walk up the stairs and froze when my eyes met a pair of light blue intense ones.

My heart stopped for a second.