Chapter 21; The lads

*HARRY'S P.O.V*

"Please, calm down Ms." The cop impatiently glared at Lex, who was pacing the room, next to me rather than sitting down beside me like she was supposed to.

"Calm down?" She choked out-half way threw a sob.

"My fucking child is gone, and you expect me to CALM DOWN?" she stepped closer to the desk that was in front of the cop and slammed her fists down on it, making me flinch back into my chair even more.

I'm completely shocked.

Everything has happened so quickly and to be honest, this doesn't even feel like reality. More like a nightmare.

Preston's gone.

So is Lex's dad.

That only leads me to one conclusion; he took Preston.

And I swear, if he lays even ONE hand on Preston, he's not going to have a damn hand to lay anymore.

"Sit down, Ma'am." The pudgy cop crossed one leg over the other, staring up at her.

"I CAN'T WAIT 48 FUCKING HOURS. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT PRESTON."

She screamed, banging her hand down once again.

I quickly jolted up and rested my hand on her shoulder, making her flinch back and continue to cuss at the cop.

"Lex... please," I spoke in a hushed tone.

She spun around to face me and she looked like a complete mess.

she was still wearing the grey sweatpants from earlier and her blond hair looked like a rats nest on the top of her head. the remainder of her mascara that she forgot to wash off from last night was now smudged around her eyes.

"Stop what!? Our child is missing, and you haven't even shredded a tear or said ANYTHING since this morning. I guess You NEVER even loved him." She pointed down at me, furiously.

I looked down to the ground and felt tears brim my eyes.

How dare she say I never 'loved' him. Those words literally stabbed at my heart. I love Preston more than anything. I'd give up my life for him, believe it or not.

Just because I'm not yelling and screaming like her, doesn't mean I don't 'care'. it just means I handle things differently.

But right now, I don't know what I feel like doing. I don't know if I want to cry, punch something or scream at the top of my lungs.

Preston's gone.

...

Preston's gone

...

Holy shit...

Prestons.... Gone... Missing.... Not in my arms or wrapped in my embrace. I didn't even get to tell him that I love him.

Suddenly, reality hit me... And Boy, did it ever.

*ALEXIS' P.O.V*

Adrenaline was pumping threw my veins vigorously. I didn't even realize what I had said to Harry until he dropped to the floor with his head buried into his knees.

My eyes widened as I bent down in front of him.

I was about to apologize for my harsh words but I was cut off just as a loud wail escaped his lips.

His scream literally pierced my ears, sounding like someone was being murdered.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed it slightly.