Chapter 12; Confessions

a/n;

I dedicate this chapter to;

@giovanna_1316 & @silviaa_malik

You two are just so nice and I truly appreciate your comments. They leave a huge smile on my face xoxo

<3

--------------------------

*ALEXIS' P.O.V*

"Thank you so much mom." I gratefully smiled, passing sleepy Preston over to her anxiously.

"Anytime sweetie." She grinned, running her hands through Preston's curls.

"Mommy'll pick you up tomorrow Pressy." I assured him, pecking his forehead.

"Bye bye mommy." Preston babbled, halfway through a yawn.

"I'll pick him up around say... 2ish?" I added, hoping my mom wouldn't mind.

"Whenever's fine, hun." She explained.

"Love you." I excitedly hugged my mom, then Preston.

"Bye!" I waved, walking over to my car which was parked in her driveway. I hopped in and shoved the key in the ignition.

The lads and I are all going out to Nandos for dinner tonight. It was Liam's idea. Apparently I need to get to 'know them better.' It was 5:45 and I still had to swing by my flat and get ready.

Once my flat came into view I noticed my driveway had been occupied by another truck.

"What?" I mumbled under my breath, confused.

There was no room left in my driveway so I parked on the side of the street.

I didn't recognize the truck so I hesitantly got out of my car and slowly walked up the path to my flat. My head was turned to the side; desperate to get a look into the truck, but once I did- no one was in it. My attention flashed back to my flat and I immediately became worried.

What if someone broke into my house; and is just waiting for me.

I shook my head- clearing the bad thoughts and crept up my steps. I pressed my face up against the glass window beside my door, but I couldn't see anything. It was pitch black inside. I sighed and opened up my purse, searching for my keys. I grabbed them and shoved the right one into the key whole. I twisted and pulled the key back out, tossing it back In my purse.

I counted to 10 in my head; like I always did to calm down, and swung the door open, ready to punch anything that moved. I stood there awkwardly in my doorway, shifting my head every which way until I remembered I could just turn on the light.

I flicked on the switch that was right beside the door and everything looked normal. I chuckled at myself and kicked off my navy blue toms. I tossed my purse onto the couch and sighed.

I made my way into the kitchen and literally almost had a heart attack when I heard the sound of a plastic package moving and stopped dead in my tracks.

It was completely dark in my kitchen. It was like I had my eyes closed. In one swift motion I flicked on the switch and was ready to charge at the intruder.

I released a huge sigh of relief when i saw a stunned curly haired boy leaning against the counter, holding a bag of chocolate chip cookies. His eyes literally widened and he even jumped a little bit.

He brought his hand up to his heart and closed his eyes, catching his breath.

"Fuck Lex! You gave me a heart attack!" He muttered through deep breaths.

" I gave YOU a heart attack!?!" I sarcastically chuckled, leaning forwards and resting my hands on my knees.

"Well, yeah!" He laughed, tossing the cookies onto the counter. He grabbed the crutches that were right beside him and wobbled over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as he approached me.

"I wanted to talk to you." He firmly stated, stopping right in front of me.

"Umm..." I hesitated, "okay?"

I turned around and headed towards the couch, flopping down. He followed me, sat down on the arm chair across from me and rested his crutches against the side.

I raised one eyebrow over the other and leaned back into the couch.

What is so important that he had to break into my house and wait for me?

He sucked in a deep breath and shook the curls out of his eyes.

"Do you hate me?.... For, you know... Leaving you?" He hesitantly asked, looking down at his bare feet.

I thought about it for a second.... I DID hate him and I promised myself that I always would, but it's easier said then done I guess.

"Harry.... I don't hate you." I reassured him, trying to sound as sympathetic as possible.

He just shook his head, letting his curls fall over his eyes.

He looked up at me with tears brimming his eyes.

"Lex..... I want you to know that I never stopped thinking about you." He sadly stated.

I didn't know what to say. This is a Side to Harry that I was almost convinced never existed.

I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off,

"I know I should have tried to get you back into my life sooner, but I was too hung up on what the fans would think. I was just too selfish."

I leaned forwards and rested my elbows on my knees with my hands out in front of me. I began to chip off the pink nail polish I had applied a couple days ago. Seconds later I looked back up at Harry- who had a couple of tears rolling down his cheeks.

I all of a sudden wanted to comfort him, but fought the urge.

"I want you back in my life." He said, with a hint of sorrow.

He brought his hand up to his eyes and wiped them, leaving lines of wetness underneath.

I don't think I can trust Harry... But Preston NEEDS his father. I guess I could give us a chance for Preston.

I slightly nodded-making Harry's eyes widen.

"Can we try again?" He suddenly asked, sounding happier.

"Only for Preston." I sighed, biting my lip.

He grabbed his crutches and stood up.

He made his way over to me and sat down beside me, laying his crutches across the floor.

I looked up at him and weakly smiled.

He returned the smile effortlessly and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. I rested my head against his white tshirt and sighed.

Maybe this could work.

---------------------------------------------

a/n:

boring chapter. Ik ik, but BEAR WITH ME HERE.

xx

Anyways I'm so grateful for the amount of reads I've been receiving and ILY ALL OK!?

COMMENT WHT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS CHAPTER AND ILL LOVE YEH F.E.

Keep being beautiful x

(Continue reading ----->)