Chapter Thirty

Dean pulls off the highway, stopping at The Riverside Inn to clear his head. Protecting Kyiah was still his mission, if not, more now than before. And John rigorously raised him to always "finish what you start". But with Sammy in danger, it was difficult to determine which move was the bigger chance. Keeping Kyiah safe and go in solo to a fight he possibly may not win. Or get Sam back with help from Kai, but risk putting her up for grabs in the act. The decision was tearing Dean apart. He's never had to think twice about choosing Sam. How could he? Sammy was, and will always be, his baby brother. So why was this so hard now? Was his blinding love for Tsia getting in the way of his clarity? The love that burns like a wild fire had left him suffering through serious withdrawals. Agitated, and sleepless, the Mark of Cain broiled in a blemished toxicity without her. Itching obsessively beneath his layers as it fiends for her magnetic touch.

Dean sits on the bed, rubbing his eyes closed as he sent out a prayer. "Cas? I uh- I made my decision...if you could pop in, that would be, helpful." He grumbles, peeking open an eye to an empty room. Not an angel in sight. "You know what Cas, you son of a-" A fluster of wind broke Dean from his dismissal. The angel, placed elegantly before him. "Speak of the devil..." Castiel ignores the dusted comment, regally lifting his head.

"Have you made your decision?" Dean stood pensively. Offering a moment of stern silence.

"I want you to stick to her, like glue. Okay? You don't ever leave her side." Cas's face remains placid.

"You're picking this?" Dean didn't dignify that with a response.

"If things get too hairy, shit gets to dangerous. You take her out." Castiel was silent keeping his face still. "Cas, you understand me?"

"Yes." He coldly acknowledges.

"No tricks, no double crossing angel play. Okay?" After a harsh moment, the angelic figure simply left without a sound. Dean nods in prediction of his move. Picking up his phone to call his girl, unzipping the duffle bag. Before the phone could even ring, Kyiah broke her meditation. Snatching her cell off the nearby mat and clicked accept.

"Dean, is everything-"

"Kai, I need your ears." She pauses, standing and stepping out of her herb circle.

"I'm listening." Her magnificent voice gifted a slim sensation of serotonin.

"I want you to ask yourself something." Despite the distance between them, Dean could feel her intensity grow. "Are you ready for this fight? I mean really ready, because once this starts-"

"I won't, give out on you, Dean." She answers, projecting a tease of unraveling thirst in her tone. "I'm ready." He anxiously stood.

"Cas should be there any second. Bring all the silver you can find, and when you're done, pack some more." He instructs, strategically unloading weapons. Kyiah makes eye contact with Vlad. Charging comfortably on his foreign  sigiled cloth, surrounded by lit ritual incenses.

"What's the plan." She asks, locked on him.

"We'll talk about that when you get here." Just then, her guardian appears. Turning her attention.

"I'm ready, Dean. I promise I am." Kai swears to them both, watching Castiel's face cringe as he cautiously inspects her.

"I'll see you soon." Dean comforts, hanging up and tossing his phone on the bed. Basking in the fading wake of relief. Kai let her arm fall, keeping her composure as Castiel came to a conclusion. Taking a forward step.

"Tsia what did you do..." His raspy voice begs. Watching her adjusted, firming, posture.

"What I had to." She says behind a dedicated breath.

After a few minutes of gut wrenching stress. The floor creaks, bringing Dean to finally lay his eyes on his heroine. Immersed in her ever idyllic wake. Just as beautiful now as when he'd left. Gripping her black duffle in a tight fist, matching her dark black and grey outfit beneath her floor length cloak. Dean opens his mouth to speak, but the words don't make it to his tongue. Watching him openly struggle, Kyiah drops her bag and paces over. Slamming into him as his arms instantly curl around her. Experiencing a burst of euphoria as her perfect frame forcefully links in his. His eyes keep to the lurking angel. Standing, staring, unmoved from his first appearance. Kyiah shifts beneath him, gaining his attention as her lips touch his. Furthering Dean's insatiable high as she reaches her tippy toes to meet him. Caving, in a moment of unleveled bliss. Forcing himself to regretfully peel away beneath Castiel's hateful glare. He clears his throat.

"Hi Cas." He plays.

"Hello, Dean." That man could read his angelic soul mate like an open book, and boy was he pissed...

"Cas, can we..." Kyiah hints, seeing Castiel's blaring focus. He flashes his eyes to her in disgruntlement, before vanishing. Allowing them a moment of privacy. Dean really gets to take her in, captivated by a new sensation of healthy, rippling, energy as she turns her attention back to him. "Hi." She greets breathlessly.

"Hi." His tone mimics, parting her bangs to gaze at her perfectly winged eyeliner while she slips her hands against his chest. Gliding up around his neck to reach his lips once more. Fluttering his stomach as he pulls her closer. Dissolving his pain in her ravishing, replenished, magick.

- - -

Castiel has always been the loyal type. To his father, the Winchester's, and Tsia no exception. She had dug herself a very special place in his heart. Unable to keep even himself from falling under her righteous, magnifying, orenda. Cas was knowledgeable in the fact that Tsia was not his kin. Yet she was, absolutely, his child. Watching Dean practically disgrace all the years of work he's dedicated to protecting her by marching her into this battle. Was making Cas, rather agitated. Infuriated. Triggered by his true devotion to her. Having the great love of his life step up and take Kai into his arms, felt like he was ripping her from his. After all, this was no normal job. This was war. And Castiel wasn't about to let anything get in the way of protecting the Princess. His Princess. Not even Dean...

- - -

"No wonder Crowley calls him moose."

Sam's vision blurs through arid blinks. His body stiff, difficult to move, but free of restraints. The large dark bars in front of him ruin his line of sight.

"How long do you think it will take him to get here?" A female voice inquires.

"Who knows. You know that prick likes to take his sweet time. But in the meantime, look sharp. We get this done, and can finally get on with this overthrow." Sam's eyes focus across two figures looming in the room. One of them shifts his weight as Sam saw a glimpse of a face. "We've gotta be patient, I mean-" The man catches Sam's gaze as he quickly shut his eyes. Their footsteps approach, and a hand shot straight through the bars. Grabbing a hold of Sam's mane to pull his face into view. He tries his hardest to remain unchanged, essentially holding his breath.

"Should we juice 'em again?"

"Na. I've got questions..." Sam's eyes open, looking at a good looking man with a smarmy smile and perfectly groomed grey hair. "Hi, Sammy." His eyes move to the woman, a tall, bleach blonde standing next to him. "Care to feed us some information?" He fought against speaking, his jaw clenches tight. The slick man sighs. "What a shame. Looks like we'll have to drag it out of you." He threatens, dropping his jaw to reveal Vetala fangs. Lowering his mouth as close to Sam as possible, the robust bars blocking full entry. "Where is the princess, Winchester?" Sam took a deep breath and raised his chin to the monster.

"Fuck. Off." He retorts, staring down the creature with an icy glare.