Chapter Two

The boys pull into the scene of the Tower Hall Motel. The erotic pur of the Impala coming to a halt. Sam and Dean step out, making their way to the door of their room.

"Cas?" Dean called, looking for their befriended angel.

"I'm here." His voice arose, turning Dean like a magnate. Both boys relax as the angel lifts his ethereally pearled face. His blue eyes catch every ounce of light in the room. Landing on his favorite mortal man. "Hello, Dean. We need to talk." He turned to Sam, who pasted a nervous look on his face.

"Okay, talk?"

"I need your help with something of vital importance."

"Anything." Sam nodded.

"There's a hunter I need you to locate and protect. They are in a lot of danger."

"A hunter? What, can't they protect themselves?" Dean squinted, causing Castiel to give a small sideways glance.

"With what this hunter is going through, they can use all the help they can get."

"Okay, so watch the sitch? Windego? A couple of demons?" Dean asks lightheartedly.

"Try everything." The Winchesters exchange a mutually confused look. Castiel continues. "It's a Hunter's Chase."

"A what?" Sam asked using the upper register of his voice.

"Wait, like a hunt, for hunters?" Dean asked for clarification.

"A hunt ON hunters. And you'd want help you could find if you were being chased too."

"Not if what was chasing him were busty Asian beauties." Dean shot Sam a look of offense, than nodded, smiling to himself, taking a seat on one of the beds. Cas cocked his head, pressing his eyebrows together.

"Right. The porns." His scratchy voice reveals in a strange confidence.

"Uh. Yes, Cas." Sam chuckles, turning back to the angel, still smugly gazing at Dean. Who wore a look of impressed confusion, shrugging to his soul mate. "So, what exactly is a hunters chase?" He redirected. 

"A warrant, on a hunters head. Every monster, reaper, ghost, and even humans, chasing down a single hunter. For manslaughter."

"Hunters, going after a hunter?" Sam's voice glitched in a hint of uncomfortable disbelief.

"Yes, in some cases it has happened. Hunters Chase's were very popular in earth's earlier years." Dean stood to his feet.

"Why? Under who's orders?" He asked.

"I don't know." The boys looked perplexed. "Not Heaven's, that's for sure." He affirmed.

"So this hunter is going to have every disgusting creature on their tail, and you want US to help them?" Dean asked, looking to Sam then to Castiel.

"Protect them. Yes."

"Why should we?" Castiel straightened up, near offended at the inquiry. Changing the energy in the room.

"Because you two are the only ones who can." There was a heavy beat. "They have no one." Cad eerily continued. "And they need to be kept alive." Sam sighed in attempt to process the information.

"Why? They owe you somethin'?" Dean poked with a shrug. Cas looked to from one boy to the other, speaking to the floor.

"I can't answer that."

"Why's that?" He slightly adjusts his head, looking to Dean. Honesty dancing in his crystal eyes. "Cas." Dean comforted, taking a step forward.

"Dean, I am begging you. I can't tell you why, at the moment."