Chapter 9

I woke up from a nice, relaxing sleep to a lot of banging and yelling at the front door. Now that I am 5 months along I stay at home and work... Thank god I can sleep in. I honestly need it with how much stress has been put on me. Robby told me to take as much time as I need. This has been hard with trying to avoid Jonathan. The Hawks are well into their season and his game... Hasn't been doing the best.

"Alright! I'm coming, I'm coming," I called as I got up and pulled P.J pants and a t-shirt on. I stumbled down the hallway, my feet instantly hurting from the day before. My ankles have been swelling so bad, "Robby! If you're going to come back to grab stuff you need to make sure you have your key!"

I walked faster and unlocked the deadbolt and then opened the door letting it swing opened. There stood Jonathan Fucking Toews in all his fucking glory. Shock was playing on his face. "I didn't want to believe that it was true. I just... I didn't... Oh god. You didn't tell me," anger was strong in his voice as he looked at me.

"J-Jonathan? How... How'd you find out," I questioned as I looked at him with side eyes. This. Is . Not. Happening.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me? Were you ever going to tell me? Were you just gonna ignore me for nine months," He asked taking a step towards me. I was completely frozen in shock as tears welled up in my eyes.

I shook my head and put my hand over my mouth as tears ran down my cheeks. I slowly took my hand off of my mouth and choked out, "I-I'm sorry Jonathan. I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to find out this way. I-I wasn't going to tell you bu-."

He cut me off, "Oh great! You weren't gonna tell me! Is it even mine? Is that why you weren't going to tell me, Christina?" He stepped closer to me and put his hands on my arms, like he did that one night 2 months ago.

I cried harder and looked up at him with tear blurred vision. "It's.... It's yours," I mumbled as I studied his face. Hurt, shock, disappointment and sadness was all on his face, packaged in one.

"How could you not tell me," He asked as his eyes started to get shiny and tear filled, "Do you know how much this hurts Christina? Huh?" He looked down at me and let a tear slide down his cheek. He wiped mine away with the pad of his thumb.

I cried even harder and mumbled, "I'm so sorry Jonny. I-I didn't mean to keep it from you. I felt guiltier as time went on. I didn't mean to wait this long. As time went on all I wanted to do was hide. Not from you, necessarily... But... But the world. I got pregnant because of a one night stand."

"Christina... It can be so much more than that," He told me as he looked deep into my eyes. I looked back in his, "All I want... Is to be here for you... And o-our baby."

I began to shake my head. He looked down at me, shocked, "Jonny.... I don't... I can't. I'm a horrible person. I-I tried to keep it from you... I- I don't deserve to be a mother."

He quickly shook his head in response, "You're not a bad person Christina. You...," He sighed, "I get it. I get that you're afraid. I may not be showing it right this second. But, yes I'm mad. Extremely mad... But... I need to keep my cool and I know that. I love you. I'm not just going to leave you behind."

I cried even harder and put my head in my hands. Jonathan wrapped his arms around me and held me close, "Shhh. It's all ok. Let it all out now." Then Jonathan backed us up and got me on the couch. I sat next to him and placed my head on his chest, sobbing. He rubbed his hand up and down my side.

Once I had calmed down I just kept my head on his chest with my eyes closed. "You awake," He whispered after a long period of silence.

"Mhm," I mumbled as I opened my eyes and looked up at him. My vision was blurred. His hand was still trailing up and down my side... Then it stopped... on the side of my enlarged belly.

There was another pause, "H-Have you been taking care of it? Like... You've been having your monthly appointments... Right?"

"Yeah," I replied and took a second to think, "And I uh have my 5 month appointment tomorrow at 10:00."

"Can I come with," He questioned as he looked down at me with an adorable look playing on his face. His brown eyes had something that I couldn't even understand.

***

Where do you guys thing this is gonna lead!?!

Thanks for reading!!! Hope you enjoyed!  

- JJ :)