Chapter 5

It was late Friday night when there was a package left at the front door of Robby and my's apartment. I slowly put down a "you're going to be a mom" type of book and shuffled my feet across the carpeted floor. Slowly I swung opened the door and there stood I Jonathan Toews in all his (not) glory with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"What are you doing here? How do you know where I live? I thought I told you to leave me alone. Shouldn't you be getting ready for your hockey season that starts in like 2 weeks? Just forget about me," I told him and began to close the door. He put his hand out and stopped me from closing it.

"Christina... Do you remember that night? Do you remember what you said to me," he questioned as he stepped into the apartment. He placed the flowers down on the kitchen table. I shook my head, "You... You told me that you were sick of being hurt and that youre too afraid to find someone because you don't want to be hurt."

He stepped closer and placed his hand on either of my arms, "And then... I told you that I'd be there... That I wouldn't hurt you... and you... you agreed to let me past your walls."

I looked down at the non-existent gap between us and then back up at him before he said, "I love you." And then he ducked his head and placed his lips on mine. I closed my eyes and balled my fists against his chest before quickly opening my eyes and began pounding on it before pushing him away.

"Leave. Me. The. Fuck. Alone," I started, "Get out of my apartment. Now."

He stumbled back and then steadied himself. Then he signed before giving me a sad look and then slipped out of the door. I then walked up to it and slammed it shut; locking it. I went back over to the couch and sat down on it picking up the book that I was reading before. According to the book I should start to show at about 14 weeks... I need to make sure Jonathan doesn't really see me after that...

I wish Robby could be home. Why does he have to be in Tampa Bay for a week? I really, really want him to be here... It just not right...

***

"I love you so much Chrissy... You're just beautiful... Glowing... Even after you just had a baby," a man whispered as he grabbed my hand in his.

I was... Having an out of body experience, I think. He... It was Jon.

"Shut up Jonny! I probably look like a horrible ugly mess. Where is our little one," my tired looking body mumbled to Jonathan as let out a long sigh.

"Chrissy... There's no way possible that you could be ugly or a mess! You just gave birth to the most perfect thing ever, well other than yourself. And... Out little one is getting checked on one last time. Perfectly healthy. It's just for precaution," Jon replied and leaned forward and placed a kiss on my figure in the hospital bed.

Just then a nurse pops through the doors, "Alright folks! I've got your beautiful baby here! Would you like to hold it first mommy?!?!"

"Y-Yeah," my figure responded as my arms stretched out ready to take the baby in a bundle into my arms. I looked down at it. At first... It was a beautiful baby. Amazing dark brown eyes like it's father and perfectly smooth skin with a nice little button nose... then... all of a sudden it skin turned red.... And it's eyes turned a very bright yellow... And horns began to grow from its head.

I looked up at Jonathan; red skin, horns and yellow eyes. And then there was a huge flash and boom.

I screamed, "OH MY GOD!! NO!! OH MY GOD I CAN'T DO THIS!!!"

I woke up with a startle. I couldn't breathe. There was rain pattering against the windows of the apartment. And then another flash: lightning. Great, a thunderstorm. I hate thunderstorms. I'm deathly afraid of them. Tears ran down my face as I pulled my lets up to my chest. What should I do? Robby... Is gone...

I did the only thing that I would think about doing. I was completely desperate, after all.

***

What did you guys think!? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!!! :)

- JJ :)