Chapter 3

** Picture above is Christina**

"Ms. Hime, Dr. Fischer is ready for you now," A nurse called from the door. I stood up and walked over to her, "Hello, Ms. Hime how are you today?"

 I let out a sigh, "Pretty good! How about you?"

 We turned a corner, "I'd be a little better if I didn't have to work on a Friday. But it'll be over it soon enough! Haha!" She motioned to the room for me to go into.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I walked in and sat on the table.

"Alright, Doctor Fischer will be in soon," She informed with a nice smile on her face. I just sat there in silence. Do I really want to have this baby? Do I? Does Toews even really care about me? I still have his card... Should I call him and tell him about the, err, baby? Why did we make sure we used a condo-

"Hello Ms. Hime, I am Doctor Fischer! It's nice to meet you," he informed with a smile as he quickly shook my hand and then sat down in his swirly chair.

"You too!"

"Alright Christina, how far along do you think you are," He asked as he pulled out a clean piece of paper.

"Like 3 months... I think we went out on July 17th. And I haven't had my period for about two or three times now," I told him, getting queasy from just thinking about it. Fuck. I don't want to be pregnant with some- some hockey player's baby. Especially if he's a part of the team that I don't necessarily care all that much about. I'm a Nashville girl. Not a Chicago girl. That's the last thing I am. You can take the girl out of Nashville... But you cannot take Nashville out of the girl.

"Alright. Have you been having any morning sickness or cramping? Or anything along those lines," He asks as he jots something down on his; now not so clean piece of paper.

"Well, I had breast soreness which is what made me think about it all in the first place. I realized that I hadn't had my period in way too long," I informed as I looked up at him with a little sad look on my face.

"Okay, do you know what you want to do yet? Do you know your options," He questioned as he looked up at me with a reassuring smile on his face.

"Uhm... I will carry it to term... I'm just not sure what I'll do after that exactly though," I told him and shrugged my shoulders slightly.

 "Well, Ms. Hime if you can lay back and pull up your shirt and slide down your pants a little I will show you your baby," He informed as he leaned down from his chair and grabbed a white sheet. He placed the sheet over my pant line so he wouldn't get gel on my pants.

Dr. Fischer pulled out a bottle of gel and shook it, "It may be a little cold Christina!" He then squeezed some of it on my stomach and turned on the ultrasound machine, spreading the gel all over my stomach with the wand. "If you now look at the screen... you can see... Your baby... Right there..." He pointed to the figure on the screen. You could a well-defined head and what looked like a mermaid tail. "Your baby is about the size of a wine cork. And it looks like the date of conception seems to be July 18th!"

My eyes started to well up in tears. That's my baby. I may have gotten some help from a good for nothing Toews... Its not his baby. It's mine.

"Alright, I'd say your due date is April 20th, give or take a few days," He informed with a smile. That's when he started pointing out the rest of the babies parts. I may not be able to see my babies face... But... It's beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So that's what the little guy looks like?!?! What size is he again," Robby asked as he sat down in the chair in front of my desk with the ultrasound picture in his hands.

"The size of a cork. The Doc said that the due date it in mid- April. It was crazy looking at the screen knowing that it's actually inside of me," I told him as I filled out some paper work for a client.

"Are you going to try to find Toews? And you know... tell him," he questioned as he looked up from the picture in front of him.

I placed my pen down on my desk and looked at him before letting out a huge sigh, "There's something I didn't tell you on Monday at lunch." He gave me a look that said 'continue'. "I uh... I ran into him at the bowling alley. He tried to stop me and talk to me. I blew him off and told him to just forget about me because I don't care about him and he shouldn't care about me. He had the look of defeat on his face and then handed me his card before letting me walk away." I rolled my chair to where my coat was hanging and pulled out his card. It was still super wrinkled.

Robby jumped up and grabbed it, "Wait! Pro Hockey players have cards!?! That's freaking weird as hell! Why did you just blow him off? Aren't you going to keep it? Won't you want the baby to have a father?"

I let out an angry rumble and stood, yanking the Ultrasound and Jonathan's card out of his hands, "Can we not talk about this right now? I'll talk with you about it when we get home. You should really fill out some of the paper work for that client in Gurnee!"

"I can't believe you! Why did you just turn him away Chrissy?!?! You do want to keep it, right," Robby questioned one last time.

"I-I'm scared Robby. I'm so, so, so scared of what's coming. I was stupid and got pregnant by an NHL Hockey player. He won't want anything to do with me once he finds out I'm pregnant. That's why I don't want him to know. That's why he'll never know."

Robby shook his head, "Well talk about this later."

***

Ok guys,

I'm gonna start this new thing because I'm not getting feed back. 1 comment and 2 votes for next chapter!!

Thanks for reading!

- JJ :)