Chapter 11

I tapped my foot as Jonny drove to our destination for lunch, "You don't have to be so nervous Christina... You know that, right?" He reached over and put a hand on my thigh.

"I know... Jon... It's just I'm meeting him now; after I got pregnant. Shouldn't I know him AND you for a long time before that even happens," I questioned as I looked up at him with a worried look on my face.

"So what? We're doing things out of order! It doesn't matter Christina! Besides, Pat will love you! All of the other guys will love you when they meet you as well," I chimed in as I put my hand over his on my thigh.

"I'm just... I'm tying down their captain! What are you going to do when we have a month old baby who can't stop crying during the playoffs if you make it? Huh? You're going to need to focus on the guys and the team," I replied as I let out a shaky sigh as he parked in the parking structure.

"It's fine Christina. Let me tell you a few things: one- When we cross that bridge we'll deal with it. And two- other guys have done it. So can we. The guys won't care. They're been happy about me finally settling down. And three when you love something or someone... you're willing to put them in front of anything. I love you two. It will. Not. Matter," He sternly informed as he looked deep into my eyes.

"O-Okay... I'm sorry Jonny... My emotions are just all over the place," I apologized and rubbed at my wet eyes.

"It's alright... Now... Let's go Kaner's probably waiting for us," He leaned in and placed a quick peck on my cheek and quickly got out of the car. We both met at the back of the car and walked hand-in-hand to wherever Jonny was leading me.

"Now, please be aware. He may freakout and get overly excited like he normally does. He's absolutely crazy. Just, don't go into a panic attack and have the little one on the spot alright," He joked as he let go of my hand and put his arm around my shoulder; pulling me into him.

I laughed and replied, "haha yeah! Definitely. I don't want to have this little one right now. Gotta make sure it's healthy and fully grown!"

"I like how you think babe. Now... Are you ready for Kaner and his craziness," Jonny asked as he looked down at me with a little smile. I nodded and Jonny leaned forward to knock on the door.

The door quickly swung opened to reveal... Patrick Kane with the largest smile I've ever seen on anyone's face, "Jonny! Man it's so great to see you! And oh my gosh! You must be Christina!!! My god! You're way more beautiful than my guy Jonny portrayed you to be!" He did a little man hug thing with Jonny and then quickly pulled me into his arms.

Damn. He's a hyper fellow. I then wrapped my arms around him loosely and lightly patted his back. He quickly pulled back and looked down at my stomach, "Jon! I cannot believe you could wheel in someone this hot!!"

I looked between him and Jon. Jonny gave me a look saying 'that's Kaner for ya'. I sighed and mumbled, "Hi, Patrick. I-It's nice to meet you!"

"Oh man! You too! My god! You're so beautiful why would you go for this guy," he pried at me with a little smile playing on his face.

"That's what happens when you drink a little too much. Alcohol messes with the vision," I joked with a little smile as I moved closer to Jonny after we entered Kane's apartment.

"You'd know a little bit too much about that though, eh, Kaner," Jonny budded in and laughed at Kaner's priceless reaction. Patrick was actually frozen in shock for a second.

"Well... You guys aren't nice at all... I guess you guys get none of the steak that I made us," Kane taunted as he walked towards his kitchen where you could smell food cooking.

"Let's go sit on the couch Christina. We don't want your ankles getting swollen, like they have been. I can't believe your ankles are already swollen," Jonny thought aloud as we sat down on the couch together, snuggled close.

"I know, Jonny. I can't believe it either. I can't believe you did this to me," I joked with a smile playing on my face.

"I know babe," Jonny replied and placed his hand on my stomach, "When is our little one going to start kicking?"

"Any day now actually, but I'm not looking forward to it. I heard it's not a good feeling to be kicked in the ribs or the bladder," I replied with a chuckle and leaned further into him.

Just yesterday I was terrified to even see this man. Now were as close as can be. It's amazing what the heart can do. These past two days and his reaction don't seem logical at all. I honestly don't deserve it at all.

"Hey you two! Lunch is ready," Patrick informed as we walked in and stood in front of both of us.

Jonny quickly helped me up and pulled me over to Patrick's small kitchen table. As we sat down Kane smiled at me with his goofy smile and mentioned, "So, Christina how about you tell me about yourself. Jonny hasn't really told me all that much about you."

"Well," I started, "I work for a real- estate company and I'm from Nashville Tennessee."

"Does that mean that you're a Preds fan," Kane budded in as he obnoxiously chewed his steak. My kid will not do that. I can assure you that.

"Yes," I replied, "And a big one! My guy Rinne is awesome!"

"Jonny! What are you doing! You picked a Preds fan! My god. I don't know how you guys chose each other. It's just crazy," Kaner complained with big hand motions.

"Shut up Kane," Jonny grumbled next to me.

***

Hope you enjoyed! :)

- JJ :)