Chapter 2

Once I got my warm up game out of the way (Which happened to be a clean game) I began on the real thing. I started out with a turkey (3 strikes in a row) and then got nine, luckily picking it up. I then finished up the game with all strikes, pulling out a 289.

That's when the 'big party' that Tony was talking about walked in. A lot of guys; in their early to mid-20's were walking in. A lot of them were very handsome, but I didn't recognize the guys in the front of the crowd of about 30ish people. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the notifications. I had a text from Robby asking if I wanted to do lunch at 12:30. I looked at the time. 11:30.... Ok. One more game.

That's when the many men made their way down to the lanes with their many pairs of rental shoes and what sounded like bad jokes. Great, only one lane between me and them. "Stay focused Chrissy," I told myself. I ignored them and threw another game.

In this game I held out all strikes until the 10th frame. On my last ball I threw the ball and it went right into the pocket. The 10 pin was just sitting there; but the 6 pin rolled over and *BAM* the 10 pin fell! I jumped and slightly squealed. I tragically caught the attention of the guys on lane 13. They looked over, shocked at what I had just squealed at.

They looked over and one of the guys hits the other in the shoulder and obnoxiously joked, "Hey! Why can't you do that Sharpy!?!?! Do you suck too much!?!"

 "Nah man, I'm just not as good as that pretty lady over there," He replied with a wink sent in my direction. He slowly walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "So, what's your name pretty lady?"

"Uh, Christina... W-What's yours," I asked as I looked up at him with an unsure look on my face. He honest to god smelled really, really good. And he wasn't all that bad looking, either.

 His eyes widened and he looked up at the other guys that were at the lane he was just on not even a minute ago. "Wait... Your name is what?!?! Guys... she has Brown hair and brown eyes."

"Christina? Most people call me Chrissy though," I replied looking up at him with a small smile on my face even though I was a little weirder out why it matters what color my hair is.

"Holy... Okay.... JONNY GET OVER HERE! NOW," the guy yelled and waved over a guy from like lane 4. Oh god this is not happening. No. No. No.

I slipped out of his grip and quickly grabbed my bowling balls from the Ball return and put them in my bag before quickly running out past Tony saying, "Hey Tony! Print out my scores for me! I gotta go! See ya on Wednesday."

I was almost out when a large muscular hand grabbed my arm, "Christina?" I shivered. The voice was deep. Very, very deep. Jonathan Fucking Toews. I took a shaky breath and looked back at him. He had a hurt look in his eyes.

"W-What do you want," I asked giving him the look of 'what the fuck'.

"Oh my god. I-It's y-you! D-Do you remember me," he asked as his, beautiful, dark brown eyes showed the slightest bit of hope.

 I nodded, "But I don't really care who you are either. So you shouldn't care about me. Please leave me alone from now on."

 His hand slowly dropped from my arm, "O-Okay... But can you just please take this... and contact me if you ever need me..." He slowly pulled out a paper card and handed it to me. It had his Name and number on it along with his profession. Hockey players have business cards?

I reached out and grabbed it from his big hand, and crumpled it before putting it in my pocket. His face instantly fell as I turned around and yelled over my shoulder, "Goodbye Jonathan!" I didn't look back.

                                           Nor did I think twice about it... Until after lunch.

***

Hope you enjoyed! :)

- JJ :)