Chapter Two: A Couple Years Back and More

Nikki's POV:
Ethan called me at one a.m. I quickly answered it.
Ethan: "hi sorry if I woke you up can I come over in a few?"
Me: "hi it's ok. sure I'll be down."
I knew why Ethan was coming. He always comes when he feels sad or depressed. Why? Because he feels like he is Grayson's shadow. Grayson is more popular, hot and gets all the girls. Girls come to Ethan only to get to Grayson. Ethan always feels sad and tells me all his problems. I always listen and I hate it when he is sad.
I was downstairs waiting and I saw Ethan walking to my driveway and I can see how sad he was. I told him to be quiet and we went to my room. We went under the covers but we weren't really laying down we were still kind of sitting.
Ethan: "I'm sorry I woke you up."
Me: "It's fine you can always wake me up if you feel bad don't worry."
I looked at him in the eyes. I saw the sadness and pain. I wanted to cry. I saw tears forming in his eyes as he looked out my window.
Me: "Don't cry Ethan it will all be fine."
Ethan: "I know but I'm just tired of being used. I'm so glad to have a friend as you Nikki, I hope the best in life. You are amazing. Thank you so much for making me feel good about myself when I feel bad, listen to me, and everything else. You are truly amazing. You are the best sister and friend anyone could ask for."
Me: "Ethan I'm glad I have you as a brother and friend too. Thank you."I hope the best for you too."
He came next to me and just hugged me and I hugged back. I felt tears coming down and I lifted his head up and looked at him in the eyes.
Ethan: "thank you."
Me: "you're welcome." I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him tight.
Ethan's POV:
Nikki was an amazing friend. I am so glad I had her as a friend. I said thank you to her. I really meant it. She has always been there for me when no one else was. I can tell her all my problems and she can tell me hers. She is an amazing person and I hope she can find an amazing man who would really treat her like a queen.
She said you're welcome and kissed me on the cheek and hugged me tighter.

*END OF A COUPLE YEARS BACK*
Nikki's POV:
I blushed and smiled when Ethan told me I looked beautiful. It was a half day so we didn't have much homework. At the end of the day, Ethan and I decided to walk to my house. My parents were at some work promotion thing for a week. Ethan and I quickly finished homework and decided to order pizza and watch Netflix. After finishing the pizza, I put my head on Ethan's shoulder. He was looking at me and I was looking at him. I asked him: "why?"
He said: "why what?"
Me: "why did you kiss me at school? You didn't have to."
Ethan: "oh well um I-I well.." He was stuttering and then he cleared up and said it. "I don't want people to make fun of you and you looked beautiful."
I just smiled and continued watching the movie. Ethan went up to use the bathroom and when he came back he told me to lay on him so he was just sitting normally and I was laying with my head on his legs. He was playing with my hair and I was looking at him. He put his hand on my head and slowly leaned in and we kissed. It was truly passionate and amazing. There were imaginary fireworks going off in my head. When we disconnected he said: "oh um I'm sorry I don't know why I did that." I can tell he was embarrassed.
Ethan's POV:
I leaned in and kissed Nikki. It was amazing and I said: "oh um I'm sorry I don't know why I did that." I was embarrassed and we were friends and I didn't want her to think of us in any other way. She looked at me and said: "it's ok it was amazing." Then we kissed again, and my hands were on her back and her hands were around my neck. She was sitting in my lap and her legs were around me. After that, I told her that she is beautiful and she said thank you and blushed. We heard the door open while we were kissing again and we knew it was Grayson and when he came into the room we quickly stopped and he said: "oh um I'm sorry did I interrupt anything?" He put his hand through his hair. We were I'm Nikki's bedroom anyway. We said no and he came in and joined watching the movie with us. Nikki was in the middle of us and Grayson and I put our arm around her because it was a scary movie. Grayson and I were like Nikki's brothers, so if we ever called her babe or kissed her on the cheek or anything we did it in a brotherly way, but the kiss between Nikki and I was much more.