Chapter X

“Wait, if you're gonna go, you'll need the armor.” Adam said.

“The armor is in the castle. We can't go there.”

“Not when I'm around.” we heard the King.

We spun around and saw him standing at the entrance to the cave.

“Dragon, I mean no harm to you or your Rider. Let us be friends.” he said to Vanilor.

“How can we know that you're not lying?” Fred asked.

“I only dreamed that the Riders would return. Then we can rebuild them. It's my brother you should worry about. He is the one who hates the Riders. I don't.”

“I need the armor. Both the Rider and the dragon.” I stated,

“The Dragon Armor is inside below the castle and the dungeon. We need to go through it to get the Dragon Armor.”

“We?” I asked.

“You're going to need my help to fight Javion.”

“No! You have already lost your wife and I am not letting you risk your life to help me. This is my battle.”

“I don't blame you for her death. He killed her and you tried to avenge it. You tried to avenge her death.”

“But he got away.”

“You'll get your revenge soon. Let me help you. I can get you the armor. Without it, you'll be dead in the first five minutes of battle.”

I bowed to him and said. “Thank you, your Majesty. I will avenge your queen's death by my sword.”

“So you're accepting my help?”

“Yes. And there is one more thing you need to know.”

“What would that be?” he asked.

“It's Ashley. She's Oceana.”

“What?!”

“It's true.” Sarah said. “She is Oceana and she did rescue all those people who were in trouble.”

“How is that possible?” he asked.

“It's a necklace she found in the attic.”

“That old thing?” he asked. “I thought it was just an accessory.”

“It was magical. Whenever she touched it's shell, she transformed into a mermaid. So she used its power to help people.”

“That's my girl.” he said, chuckling.

“You taught her well. So what's the plan?”

“We wait till nightfall. That's when I'll dismiss the guards. Then we meet in the throne room so we can get the armor.”

“That's fine; you need to go back now.” I told him.

“Why?”

“To prepare for your wife's funeral.”

“Yeah, I also need to mention that there is a mob of villagers who are after you. Try to stay hidden.”

“Not a problem, we're going to fly for a while.” I said as I climbed onto the saddle.

“No, stay hidden.” the King ordered.

“Don't worry. There are more places for a dragon to hide then you think.” I stated.

Vanilor walked to the mouth of the cave and fanned his wings, waiting for a good updraft of air. Then, he thrust himself into the air. His wing stretched out and he glided over the village and let out a deafening roar over the mob. Men screamed like little girls as he did. I got a good chuckle out of it. Then with two great flaps of his wings he acceded in the air.