Chapter IX

“Javion?” Adam asked. I could tell he was just as surprised as the rest of us.

“Yes, and I want the eggs. Where are they?”

“Even if we did know we wouldn't tell you.” I said. “Ventilabis!”

He was pushed away from us and Melody shouted. “Colligate!” binding Lucy and Ah-Mel so they couldn't attack.

Javion recoiled from my attack and drew a black sword.

“Ashley, get the others and get outta here. This is between me and him.” I said.

“I'm not going anywhere.” she said.

“Fine just stay out of the way.”

“How are you going to fight me without a sword?”

“That is what a dragon is for.” I said.

Vanilor threw down my sword belt and I grabbed it and drew my green sword, Terris, Earth in the Magical Language. Its green blade shimmered in the moonlight.

“You dare to fight me?” Javion asked.

“I'll fight you to the death. That's what Dragon Riders do. They protect people from morons like you.” I said.

“You are my initial target, but not in this mission.” he hissed.

He did a front-flip and grabbed Ashley. He hooked her to his belt and the rope.

“No!” I shouted.

Then they were pulled up along with the still bound Lucy and Ah-Mel. The ship then retreated into the night sky. Vanilor contacted me.

I can't attack. They said they would kill her if I did. I'm sorry.

It's not your fault, come back and land so we can figure out what to do.

I broke the connection between our minds and looked at the ship, flying away. Vanilor landed by us and I said. “Let's get some rest and tomorrow we'll figure out what to do.”

Before we left the rest of my gang retrieved their eggs from the tree.

“How long do the eggs take to hatch?” Tyler asked.

“About a day.” Vanilor said.

We went our own ways and retired for the night. I had a dream that night about Ashley. Like the one I had before she was captured.

She was tied to the mast of the ship and Javion was questioning her on where the rest of the eggs were. He slapped and choked her to get a response out of her. When he had enough her silence, he untied her and shackled her hands above her head to a tall wooden beam. He pulled down her dress until her back was exposed and he whipped her mercilessly with a spiked whip. With each strike to her back, blood started to ooze out of the wounds. While he did, she fought against the cuffs that were locked on her and her wrists bled with each pull she took to try and free herself from the pain. She endured her torture with only small grunts and screams of pain. Tears, which looked like little blood diamonds, rolled down her cheeks.

Then I woke up. I swore an oath that I would kill Javion if the dream was real. I walked out of my bedroom for breakfast, but Tess and Mom were rushing around the house.

“What's going on?” I asked.

“Oh, good Matthias, you're up. The King and Queen are calling town meeting at the Meeting Hall. Villagers and all. Get dressed. We need to go soon.”

I obeyed her and got dressed as I contacted Vanilor.

Be aware if he shows and have my sword ready.