Chapter seventy-four - But don't forget to use protection!

Hi everyone!

First than anything, I'd like to apologize for not updating in like forever...I've been out of town for a while, and who'd say that the internet connection would be awful :(

Anyways, I'm back! And I don't start college, but in a few weeks from now, so I'll have plenty of time to update.

Soooo to anyone that is still reading this fanfic:

thank you.

Seriously, I have been shit at updating and I wouldn't blame you if you had given up already.

But yeah, I think that I still have some chapters to go.

I hope you like this one :)

I xx

Astrid's POV

It was December 19th.

Yes, the long wished, yet dreaded December 19th.

"You have everything?" Ava asked me as I came back from the airline counter.

"Yes, I do." I sighed, but then stared at her. "And even if I didn't, it wouldn't matter by now, hun." I laughed. "You could have asked that when we were still in Evanston. Yet, we're here, chilling in the O'Hare Airport."

"Alright, missy." She mocked me, to then lay both of her hands on my shoulders. "You take care, no funny business with the boy." She warned me and I felt the warmth raise to my cheeks.

"Ava!" I scolded her, but she kept laughing.

"You're too naive, you can do whatever funny business you choose." She stared directly into my eyes, humor evident in her gaze. "Just remember to use ..."

"Oh my God, Ava! Stop!" I felt myself blushing even more, hence people were turning their gazes towards us.

"Protection." She finished in a sigh and let out a chuckle.

"I hate you." I looked at my friend, who was still laughing at me.

"You love me and you know it." Ava threw her arms at me and engulfed me into a hug. "Take care, babes. I love you and I want everything to work out for you two."

"Ugh, Ava, we're seeing each other again in a couple of weeks" I groaned, but both Ava and I knew that we'd miss each other.

"Bye babes." She hugged me tighter. "Have a good flight and text me when you're there."

"Will do, Avs." I finished, and directed myself towards the security control of the Chicago Airport.

My thoughts could be compounded in one word:

Nerves.

However, that word didn't even start to describe the magnitude of what I felt.

So it just hit me when I found myself in the airport and was just hours away from meeting Zayn's family. To be honest, I hadn't quite processed the fact that it would be finally happening.

I would go to Bradford to meet Zayn's family.

To be honest, I was so excited I couldn't even think properly. I had seen Zayn's family in pictures, of course. Setting aside that ALL of them were outrageously attractive (like seriously, how can genes be so flawless), I had no idea how they'd like me.

What if they hate me?

I'd die.

No matter how stupid it sounds (regarding the fact that Zayn and I have only been dating for 2 months or so), but I really wanted to get further with Zayn. I thought that we were somehow meant to be. I know that it may be naive or little girl thoughts, but I really loved him; and having his family say something bad about me would get to my nerves in more than one way.